Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-09-2024, 04:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Navion/View Coach Door Window Problem

We were driving home from having work done on the unit, heard a banging which turned out to be the window on the entry door flapping. The top had become unglued.

When we talked to our usual Winnebago repair shop they asked for a photo and said they would take care of it. In a week, they had a new door and asked us to drop the unit off so they could install it and send it to painting (no questions asked). When we got there, I asked how they had managed to get it covered under warranty (our warranty ran out 8 months ago). They said it was covered under a “customer appreciation” program. Funny thing was, there was another View on the lot with a brand new door also waiting to be painted.

I am wondering if this is a bigger problem than just our coach and if Winnebago is covering it under a “recall” program.

Anybody have a similar experience or thoughts?
Orlanvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:03 PM   #2
GJM
Winnebago Camper

Same problem here 4,000 miles from home. Bought this at HD and made a temp repair. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotch-1...NGDC/205507375.
Did the job!
GJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 08:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The problem is, will it hold long term. I talked with my son who was an adhesives expert with 3M and he says that paint, especially with a clear coat is designed to NOT have stuff stick to it (the glass is no problem) This is also reflected in the comments from the repair shop that they had several View with the same problem and were unable to find a glue that held long term. My son also told me that prepping the surface before using the adhesive is also tricky, requiring specific solvents to clean it up before application.
Orlanvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:13 AM   #4
GJM
Winnebago Camper

The repair got us home. Once home the RV went in for a list of warrenty work, the window and door gaps were two of the issues they repaired. The repair to the glass was to get tape from Lippert and remount the window. They also adjusted the door, it now closes better then when new. I wonder if needed to slam the door to get it close could have contributed to the window detaching. The thing I did notice when I did my repair is the adhesive was still on the door, the window detached from the adheasive. Time will tell, but we do have a roll of 3M double sided tape on board.
GJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 06:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

The exact same happened to our View door unit. Thankfully, i had some Gorilla tape to keep it from departing the door completely.
After some research I purchased some Dow Corning 795 adhesive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This adhesive is amazing and easy to work with. They use it to glue windows on skyscrapers. I don't believe the window will ever come off.
Bryan V is offline   Reply With Quote