Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-10-2022, 06:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Thinking of buying a 2019 Navion 24V - Advice?

Hi there,

I'm currently looking at a used 2019 Winnebago Navion 24V, but want to know what I am getting into. Any owners willing to give me feedback on what you love or hate about the RV?

- Have you had any problems with the slider?
- How is the layout?
- Had a roadtrek that gave me hell with the mascerator. What about this one? Any issues?
- How is the navigation system? Does it have Android Auto/Google maps?

Thanks so much,
Cyndi
sunsetmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum Cindi,

We've had our '16 24V for 3yrs now and still love our choice. For us the twin bed floorplan works well.
No issues with the slide.
No issues with the macerator- it is only to pump the grey water from the tank forward over the rear axle to the dump hose.
Our 2016 came with the much maligned Xcite/Riverpark which we quickly replaced with a Kenwood RV unit. Happy with it.

The 2019 View/Navions have compessor fridges. This was a deal breaker for us. They are battery hogs when paired with the stock FLA batteries. A problem if you boondock. Lots of info on this issue in this forum.
A few of the mods we've made are listed in our signature.
Hope these insights are helpful.
Regards, Mike
Seymour2Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 06:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We have an 18V and have been very satisfied with it over the last 3 years. The V layout works well for us. One of the limitations of these sprinter chassis based RVs is the limited Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity (OCCC) that is typically around 1000 pounds (+/- 300) lbs. The V layout has one of the higher ratings. Our rig has the Rand McNally multimedia system, which is probably in the 19V unless it was upgraded by the previous owners. Ours has worked pretty well, but many people have had issues with these units. We have an absorption refrigerator (LP, electric, or DC powered) that offers flexibility where the 19V will have a compressor type that is electric only. If you like to boondock the frig will be the most limiting electrical load unless you have upgraded batteries (lithium typically) or 300 to 400 watts of solar. The standard solar panels installed by Winnebago are only 100 to 200 watts and are the flexible type that don't hold up well and cause heat damage to the roof. Most people perform a number of upgrades to these rigs. I have a friend that just bought a 20V and it is a significant upgrade from the 2019 model. If I were in the market, I would look for a 2020 or newer model based on the upgrades. Although some people have complained that the newer models have more quality build issues. You will probably get a lot more feedback on the Facebook Navion/View group if you are not already a member.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I agree that you get many more features on the '20 V because it is generally on the new chassis. We bought it specifically for those features, which include a 7-speed transmission, smart cruise control, lane-keeping assist, new voice-activated media/GPS system, 200w of factory solar (& I added another 100w), a 2000w inverter, two 110 AH lithium batteries, and a 12v compressor refrigerator. Just make sure any '20 that you look at doesn't have the "chassis delete option", which meant it was built on the 2019, not the 2020, chassis with the 5-speed and without the new safety features.

No matter which year you get, check the dump valve assembly to see if it is supported only by the rubber sleeve attached to the black tank outlet. If so, immediately add a pipe hanger attached to the steel frame outriggers (there is an indented ring just behind the cap where a hanger bracket or hose clamp fits perfectly). You don't want to have my experience where the dump assembly slips out of the sleeve and spills the entire contents of the black tank on the concrete pad at the sanidump. Forewarned is forearmed!
Fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiree1 View Post
The standard solar panels installed by Winnebago are only 100 to 200 watts and are the flexible type that don't hold up well and cause heat damage to the roof.
RV manufacturers nearly all use flexible solar panels to save weght. Two 100w flexible solar panels weigh less than 10 pounds. Two rigid, aluminum-framed 100w solar panels weigh more than 30 pounds. The total CCC for a View/Navion is less than 1500#, which must include you, your spouse, and the water in any of the tanks. So, it is easy to see why lightweight solar panels, tankless water heaters, and laminate countertops are so important. It's also a reason to have vinyl decals instead of full-body paint. Even the Army realized how heavy paint is during WWII, so they quit painting planes like the P-51, P-47, B-24, and B-29 and polished the bright aluminum skin to reduce weight and drag. Now, if our Navion only had an aluminum skin . . . .
Fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 05:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

TV cabinet won't stay shut when driving

OK So we bought a 2019 Navion V. Unfortunately TV in the cabinet opens when we drive down the road. Latch does clicks in however the movement of the RV cause it to open. Help is there any fix for this?
sunsetmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The latch on our TV mount was loose, but very hard to open (my wife couldn't open it!). I put a couple of wood screws in the wood support that the latch was attached to. That solved both the loose latch problem and the difficulty with opening it.

If your latch was like ours when new, the original owner may have had to slam it hard to close it. If so, part of the latch may be bent, which may keep it from latching properly. Take a look with a flashlight and bend any parts that look bent back into place with a pair of pliers. If that doesn't work, you may need to call the Winnebago service department or order a new latch.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:33 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Only had the TV swing open once while driving. When I got to a safe pull off I found the latch was in the lock down position but the TV was not. It felt like the latch was locking in place but experience say otherwise. A closer inspection reveled the stationary part of the lock was in the locked position. This prevented the pins on the swing arm from locking in place. Using a screw driver inserting where the pins should be when latched I was able to pull the latch open. Problem solved. If you like post a photo of the lock mechanism, maybe we can point out the problem and offer a solution.

Enjoy your new 24V, we love ours and can't wait to shove off for our spring trip. Coast to coast hitting several national parks. About 8000 miles in total over sixty days.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We have a ‘19 24d with the same tv swing out problem. I had to reposition the female part of the latch mechanism so that the male portion would catch it in the middle. Bit of a neck and waist twisting problem trying to get to it. Also had a problem with kitchen drawers sliding out and slamming shut during turns. Replaced the latch mechanisms with a heavier duty version that you can find at Home Depot, Lowe’s or (shudder) Camping World.
Seymour2Lane, we too have that useless Xcite unit. Didn’t know there was an adequate substitution. Which Kenmore RV unit did you install and does it work with the back up camera and SiriusXM?
BlueGekko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice