Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-30-2023, 08:19 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

For shopping new designs on things that change often like RV, it is important to get current info, not what might have been build in January when we shop in July!
For an example, check this current post on the door design changes and the dates on them:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3947403
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 08:37 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
For shopping new designs on things that change often like RV, it is important to get current info, not what might have been build in January when we shop in July!
For an example, check this current post on the door design changes and the dates on them:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3947403
I saw that, and your excellent post with the "as built" snippet. I've got my eye on a used 2023, hopefully going to look at it next week. 95% of what I'm looking for, which ain't too bad! Adding LiFePo and an additional 200watts of solar would make it just right. Until stuff starts to break...
Riverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 10:40 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Okay, if still looking at RV, one point that can help is the label next to the driver's left side(usually?) that lists lots of things and one is the build date as well as the RV serial number for that specific RV. Check the 7th digit being 1 for early build or 2 for later in the year. Much of the online info is posted as two different sets of info for early or late.
So if you want to get specifics of that RV, check the 7th digit!

Or if you know you are going to look at an RV but not know the build, you can look at info for early and late for spotting any changes they make. Sometimes it is only things like the location of an outlet or adding charge ports of things many of us don't care about.
But then there are times when it is the design of the door! That can indicate they found they had built a problem and felt it necessary to change before they put out too many problems to fix!
Kind of like a secret recall done before recall was noticed? But a lot of small points on RV are not big safety items but small things like an added outlet or USB ports.
If dealing with used but still fairly new, there may be times when you can ask about the info pack and it can have a single sheet of paper listing which options are on that RV!
Kind of like the sheet on the windows of new cars?
It can let you spot small points that may vary like the tire size or transmission things that many of us would never get around to knowing!

Shopping is a trek and I hate it!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 11:39 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

When we decided to buy an RV, we bought a 2003 22' Minnie Winnie with 40,000 miles of pretty easy miles from a campground owner who used it seasonally. When we decided to go a little bigger and better (newer) we became pretty pragmatic with our search, noting the usual likes, dislikes, must-haves and can live withouts. We're pretty happy with the Isata we bought, and it's served to refine our search for #3. The one we're planning to look at next week has several upgrades that scratch the itches. Helwig sway bar, Sumo's, window upgrade, levelling system, and more. And knowing that none are perfect and there are always trade-offs, I'm anxious to see this thing in person.
Old 01-03-2024, 07:02 AM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

You've already received a lot of good feedback on your questions. We love our 2021D View, but there are some other issues to be aware of.
Be sure that the murphy bed goes up and down smoothly. Our bed frame wasn't installed correctly (one end was rubbing on the frame) and Winnebago didn't do a very good job with the particle board framing for the belt system and pivot brackets. I had to take the entire bed out to replace the framing which split apart with hardwood to mount the brackets.
We love the "airplane" door and sliding screen, but many others call it the "door from hell" and have had issues with misalignment, the window falling out, frozen door hinges which need to be taken apart and lubed at least annually and more. We've been very lucky with ours so far.
Regarding the pocket door, it was kinda noisy for us. I took the door off the track to gain access to the closing rod on top to slide a 3/8" electrical heat shrink tube. Be careful with the heat gun so you don't melt the door components!
Good luck and best wishes!
mikevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 08:04 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Much appreciated! I have yet to find the perfect MH, and it sure helps having the best picture and realistic expectations when shopping. Contributions from owners is by far the best source of information that I've found. And regardless of manufacturer, you're chances of finding quality issues is right up there close to 100%, in my humble opinion. I think it's just the nature of the beast.

Tags
view