Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-29-2023, 03:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

View / Navion Door design

Anyone know what's going on with the View / Navion door design?

Their website shows the Airplane style design, yet my local dealer and the latest review from Matt shows the old two piece style door.

Airplane style: https://www.winnebago.com/models/pro...w?gallery=true

2 Piece style:

2:38 minute mark

-Blake
BlakeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 07:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I think I know what the difference here is based on all the videos and View's I've seen in person. Going to confirm this with Winnebago next week.

If you order the "Dual pane acrylic windows" then you get the Airplane style door. If you do not, then you get the basic sliding windows with the old style door.

Can anyone confirm that?
Old 12-30-2023, 08:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Well, it looks like you have just run headon into one of the big "secrets" of RV life!
They are all prone to having different small points!
This one looks like it may not be too small as the entry door is a pretty big item on my shopping!

So you will have to look at build dates to know which door you get!
Looking at the interactive parts list here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

It looks like they did a major change on the door and parts, not as an option but just the "as built" one you might run across. Just another detail to shop carefully if you have a preference?
Click this snip for better view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	door.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	188149

The 2024 View or Navion are all just the same?
Yes, until you look at them!
Do we expect the sales guys that blow so much smoke to know the difference? Not in my world!
This guy didn't seem to know there was a change until he opened the door, so how well does he know the hidden /techie stuff?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 08:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Morich! We plan on purchasing a new View in the Spring. Hopefully it comes with the airplane style door. If not, we will have some decisions to make... Still going to reach out to Winneabgo about this next week. Will update this thread when I hear from them.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:37 PM   #5
GJM
Winnebago Camper

When you say "airplane style door" are you referring to door with the two bins, a lower bin with a lid, and the upper one is open. There is no screen door, but a slidable screen?
GJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 07:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
When you say "airplane style door" are you referring to door with the two bins, a lower bin with a lid, and the upper one is open. There is no screen door, but a slidable screen?
Correct. The same one shown on the View landing page here:
https://www.winnebago.com/models/pro...s/class-c/view

Called Winnebago Pre-Sales today and spoke with Brad. He is researching this now...
Old 01-03-2024, 03:00 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, IA (near the WBGO factory) has one of the largest on-the-lot selections of View / Navion rigs. They'll send you specs and pics if desired..
Old 01-03-2024, 06:30 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago is moving away from the "airplane door" on the 2024 models (some may still have the old door) since they had all kinds of issues with what some owners called the "door from hell". We have a 2021 with the airplane door and we personally love it and the sliding screen door so we must have lucked out! We did have our dealer adjust it under warranty since it wasn't aligned properly leaving some gaps, but it's been great ever since.
mikevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 08:52 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevw View Post
Winnebago is moving away from the "airplane door" on the 2024 models (some may still have the old door) since they had all kinds of issues with what some owners called the "door from hell". We have a 2021 with the airplane door and we personally love it and the sliding screen door so we must have lucked out! We did have our dealer adjust it under warranty since it wasn't aligned properly leaving some gaps, but it's been great ever since.
Interesting. Wonder why they did not try to "Fix" it vs. going back to an old design...I am still waiting for confirmation from Winnebago...
Old 01-03-2024, 11:14 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Didn't Winnebago try the same style door on the Via/Reyo with the same results? That was 10 years ago, how was it supposed to be better this time?

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 04:00 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

No reply from Winnebago yet, so I called LichtsinnRV. Spoke with Mike in sales who appears to know more about Winnebago's than Winnebago Customer Care and my local dealer. He said they have switched back to the rectangle doors due to gaps in the airplane (one piece) style door. Seems the gaps caused leaks, sunlight, etc.

So it appears that I have my answer.

Also, the new MB Chasis is being used that includes dual turbo charged v4 that increases HP & Torque.
Old 01-05-2024, 06:38 PM   #12
GJM
Winnebago Camper

The "air plane door" is our biggest disappointment on our 2023 24V. Looks great until you have lived with it. Poor design. Air gaps top and bottom corners. Nothing more pleasing than have to slam a door shut after taking the dogs for a walk at 10:00 PM in a campground. I haven't tried it but pretty sure we would destroy the screen if the door was to be closed with the screen deployed, and no way of keeping the door open if the wind picks up. We have a appointment next month with our local dealer for this and some other issues, we will see what happens. We have put 13,000 miles on it since we picked it up 4/23.
GJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 06:58 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
The "air plane door" is our biggest disappointment on our 2023 24V. Looks great until you have lived with it. Poor design. Air gaps top and bottom corners. Nothing more pleasing than have to slam a door shut after taking the dogs for a walk at 10:00 PM in a campground. I haven't tried it but pretty sure we would destroy the screen if the door was to be closed with the screen deployed, and no way of keeping the door open if the wind picks up. We have a appointment next month with our local dealer for this and some other issues, we will see what happens. We have put 13,000 miles on it since we picked it up 4/23.
Good to know. BTW, have yall seen the new View/Navion designs yet?
https://winnebago.com/events/tampa?u...B80B24E475F7DE

https://winnebago.com/insider/produc...coming/class-c
https://winnebago.com/insider/produc...coming/class-c
Old 01-07-2024, 07:14 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

What you are calling the two piece door is also called the "door from hell" by its owners. For many of us it's been a nightmare, fit wise. I've met people who were on their fifth door, none fit right, I left it alone at 2nd door but it doesn't fit right either. This is why Winnebago has gone back to their OLD door. If only they'd give me that old door, I'd be a very happy camper.
NavOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 08:06 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavOwner View Post
What you are calling the two piece door is also called the "door from hell" by its owners. For many of us it's been a nightmare, fit wise. I've met people who were on their fifth door, none fit right, I left it alone at 2nd door but it doesn't fit right either. This is why Winnebago has gone back to their OLD door. If only they'd give me that old door, I'd be a very happy camper.
Wait, you have the "two piece" in the video I posted above? Or the "air plane style door"?

Tags
door, view