Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-16-2023, 10:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Change to a Dometic toilet in Minnie Winne 31K?

Anyone have a Minnie Winne 31K and change the toilet out from the Thetford to a Dometic, specifically the 310?

Plastic parts have been breaking and the replacements are starting to add up to where it might be worth replacing, and the Dometic seems to be the more liked vs the Thetford.

I am not able to get to my RV right now and measure to see if the Dometic would fit. It needs about 11" from the wall to the flange. I am hoping someone has already tackled this and can tell me if it fits so I can get one ordered and it will be on hand when I have time to get the rig.

Thanks!
Clotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 05:03 AM   #2
Just Trying to Help

Clotus-

I have read that the Dometic 310 is not user-serviceable; see this thread on iRV2. It sounds like a "disposable" toilet. I could be incorrect.

If I were making this decision, I'd be inclined to stick with a Thetford model, and hopefully one that is compatible with the floor mount and water connection of my existing toilet. I had a Thetford Aqua Magic Style II in my coach. Except for having to replace a leaking valve twice in six years it didn't give me any problems.

If you do switch to a Dometic, make sure understand any required floor mount modifications before you buy the toilet.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 07:20 AM   #3
Recon Scout

I swapped for the 310 in my Winnebago Vita 24F. Not sure how the Minnie is set up but it can't be smaller than my Vita. Only adjustment I did was to put a 90 degree elbow on the inbound water line because of it's proximity to the back wall. Been using it for two plus years and over 15,000 miles. I'm a big guy and ceramic over plastic is the way to go. Good luck.
cgflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 07:28 AM   #4
Recon Scout

Here's a couple pictures for reference. You can see the connection point on the back of the toilet and why I used the 90 degree elbow. The bottom paneling is just to hide the plumbing. It was easy to access and repair/replace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vitatoilet (2).jpg
Views:	40
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	187044  
Attached Images

cgflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Very helpful, thanks! Turns out I was able to figure it out and get it fixed without throwing more money at it. I don't know how much longer it is going to hold up, which gives me some more time to research or at the very least plan out the install before I am forced to.

Thanks for the help and pics!
Clotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet, dometic