Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2022, 02:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2019 Winnebago View Brake Light Repair

Need advice on how to remove red lens or chrome plastic surround. Brake light is not working on 2019 Winnebago View 24V. Search of posts do not have enough detail to be confident I will not break something. Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DC1B3070-712A-4DE8-AC24-4AD177F4A93C.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	182941  
Old 05-23-2022, 03:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Apple Canyon,
I have no first-hand experience with this, but it must be that the trim ring is carefully popped-off. I would use a pair of plastic pry tools to work-around the perimeter and gently ease it off. You could also put electrical tape over the ends of small flat-bladed screwdrivers, if you don't have plastic flat-bladed pry tools.
Let me know if that works for you, OK?
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 05-23-2022, 05:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Also no experience with those, but as an alternate thought, are those LED?
Those are sometimes made more as a one-piece deal and may be put together a bit different?
Any chance you can reach or see the backside? Not some small nuts on studs holding it all on the body?
As another thought, one might try squeezing along the sides to see if the lens might just snap in with small lugs??? Doesn't really seem right for an outside light, though!

I did a check of the parts catalog hoping for info to search for a picture but did not come up with anything except it is a "plastic bezel".
I guess that lets you call it the right name while muttering bad words?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

The ring can be popped off, but there is noting to fix if you remove it. I had problems with mine too and mine was problem with connecting block where the wires from the light are connected to the chassis wiring. I ended up cutting out the block and used heat shrink butt connectors and all was good. Then one tail light completely stopped working. These are not made any longer, so I bought some on Amazon, 2 amber and 2 red, 17.25 each set and replaced them all with these. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FXWN8Z3
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FXWLYD9
paisleydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 07:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

See my thread here https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3906820 where I describe how to remove and where to buy replacements, that same oval light is still available. Like stated, there is nothing on the actual light to fix unless you want to solder in more LEDs. Mine were more than 1/2 burned out so I just replaced them all, you get new trim rings with the new lights too.https://vehiclelight.com/stop-oval.html

The trim comes off best by gently prying slightly upwards and outwards on the top or bottom with the tool between the lens and the trim.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I just replaced one of mine due to aged LEDs. As others stated, there is nothing to repair on the sealed fixture, but the oval ring must be removed to access the two screws that mount the fixture to your RV rear wall Simply pry off the chrome-finish oval ring (Pry at the center of one of the LONG sides of the oval.). Then unscrew the two mounting screws. My replacement fixture came with a new chrome-finish oval.
Red Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Success!

Used two screwdrivers. Pried the top off. Ordered replacements. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-07-2022, 12:49 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCanyon View Post
Used two screwdrivers. Pried the top off. Ordered replacements. Thanks for your help.
If you ordered from the link I provided be advised that they have been experiencing longer than usual shipping delays lately.

Tags
brake, light, repair, view, winnebago