Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-29-2022, 08:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Induction burner - View 24V

We have the View on order. (So excited!) I do not have any pots that will work on an induction cooktop. So I need to order some. What is the diameter of the induction burner, please?
Sk8lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I've searched the documentation for the cooktop in our 2021 24D (which is in storage now, so I can't measure the cooktop).

The only dimensions mentioned is a recommendation for pans on the gas cooktop to be no larger than 11". There isn't any reference to the size of pans for the induction cooktop.

Our pans can work on both - and I believe our largest pan is around 11".
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 12:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Don't most induction cook tops have rings identifying the diameter of pans that can be used? Don't exceed the diameter of the ring with the bottom of the pan. Just asking.

Example:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Induction.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	182992  
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Induction burner

I think they may have rings, however, our View has not been delivered and I have not seen the 24V in person. I guess I will wait and see. 😄
Sk8lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 04:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Just measured the cooktop in our 2021 24D.

The outer ring on the induction cooktop is 7.5" in diameter.

The largest pan we have is labeled "4 Qt" with a 10.5" diameter on the bottom - and seems to work fine on the cooktop.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

My wife just measured the induction cooktop on our 2020 24V. It is 7.5" to the outside ring and 5" for the inside ring. She uses a 10" skillet on it without a problem.

Use a magnet on the bottom of pots, pans, and skillets you already have. If the magnet sticks, you can use it on the induction burner.

PS: She loves the convection-microwave! First one we have had, at home or in our RVs.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

The Graystone convection/microwave is "ok" - but has some limitations.

One is that the max temperature (390 degrees) is lower than instructions for some items we want to cook in our View.

What we'd really prefer to have is a combination convection/microwave/air fryer, because the Graystone leaves some items "mushy" after cooking.

We researched options - and found only a Contoure combo convection/microwave/air fryer that would fit in the unusual RV cabinet size (22.44" wide), and that unit appears to have very limited availability - and only a couple of reviews - not inspiring a lot of confidence.

We found kitchen countertop combo units that would fit inside the cabinet - but either those are built only for countertop use or their trim kits are designed for a standard 24" kitchen cabinet (too large for the View microwave cabinet).

It's unfortunate Winnebago (and other RV manufacturers) decided to go with the odd 22.44" wide cabinet openings. We would have been willing to give up 1.56" of space in the adjacent cabinets, if we could have used a standard kitchen 24" unit...
Old 06-05-2022, 07:12 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

This is a little off topic but deep frying in a cast iron pan (skillet or dutch oven) works extremely well. The induction is very efficient on cast iron and the cast iron retains heat, when cold food is added to the frying oil.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 07:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

By being creative, I think we could replace the RV microwave with a kitchen countertop convection/microwave/air fryer without too much work.

We could remove the current microwave & trim kit, add a sliding shelf (with a latch to secure while driving), and then place the combi unit on the shelf.

For short microwave jobs, it should be safe to use inside the cabinet. For longer runs - especially convection or air fryer, we could slide the shelf out to provide more air flow.

Some small cleanup would be required to touch up the holes where the microwave trim kit was removed - but that shouldn't be too hard.

And then we'd be in a position to use a standard combi unit (Panasonic, Breville, ...) that we could buy from retail stores (like Best Buy). Those units seem to be much more polished than the RV units - with much better instructions, especially providing more guidance on cooking a wide range of items inside the ovens.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:56 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Charlie View Post
This is a little off topic but deep frying in a cast iron pan (skillet or dutch oven) works extremely well. The induction is very efficient on cast iron and the cast iron retains heat, when cold food is added to the frying oil.
I have a nice induction cooktop in my home and use cast iron almost exclusively. The two were made for each other.

Tags
view