Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Upgraded windows for 2007 Vectra 40TD?

Is there an upgrade for the windows we are full timing and cannot beat the condensation
Wintercamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:45 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Wintercamper,
When I ordered my 22M from the factory, I specified dual pane windows for the coach. A single sheet of glass is R1, and two sheets of glass is R2, and it pretty much eliminates the condensation. I also use an external thermal blanket on the cab windows (front windshield and side-door windows, for without that thermal blanket, those windows will condensate mightily.
If you choose to do the thermopane upgrade, please let us know how much it costs.
Eagle5
Old 11-10-2022, 12:07 PM   #3
Site Team

There is nothing unique to RV windows and many companies sell replacement dual pane windows that will fit your RV. It's the cost that will no doubt stop you in your tracks.

You could try going to Home Depot and getting a plastic film kit that is stuck to the window frame and then heated with a hair dryer to shrink tight. It might help some.

PS. I added your RV info to the title of your thread but when asking for any help or advice it's really needed to have that info in each post. A great way to do that is to add that info to the Signature in your Profile. Then it will show automatically on every post and you'll not have to remember to include it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 1.03.41 PM.png
Views:	28
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	184615  
Old 11-10-2022, 02:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintercamper View Post
Is there an upgrade for the windows we are full timing and cannot beat the condensation
I would expect that your 2007 Vectra came standard with tinted dual pane windows (everything except for the windshield). My 2005 certainly did.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Hi Wintercamper,
So, if your windows are already double-pane, then it would seem you need more ventilation.
Eagle5
Old 11-14-2022, 07:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Condensation

Condensation

Any advice on how to beat condensation on the windows?
We are full timing and it’s about 20° at night when I wake up in the morning I have to wipe every window down or they just sit there and drip we have a 2007 Winnebago vectra
Wintercamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Here's a link to an older (2020) thread on the subject; seems like opening vents or adding a dehumidifier (or both) is the answer. The thread is from real RVers who've experienced the problem.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/lets...rv-517496.html
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 10:02 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Condensation

Some is always going to be there. Try to use electric heaters rather than propane. If you are using an electric heater on your 15 amp wall plug you can use additional heater and plug into 20 amp plug on your microwave.Just be mindful of how many amps you are using if plugged into 30 amp service. Stay warm
Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 04:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Wintercamper,
Did you not ask the same question twice, post 1 & 6? Your coach, like pretty close to ALL coaches built in the last 20 years plus or minus, came from the factory with *dual pane* windows. Those are as insulated as you can get. There’s really no *upgrade* to those widows.

The root cause of your moisture on the interior glass in the morning can be a few different things. Little to no ventilation, possibly you the the Mrs maybe sweating some and you’re not aware, any animals? , coffee pot timed to brew early A.M., hot showers just prior to hitting the sack, who knows..
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 06:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintercamper View Post
Winter humidity is a big challenge for us all full-timers. I have found the cabinets and closet have a bigger problem to control than the windows. Where the metal framework and wallboard meats moisture condenses. We keep the cabinet doors open when in freezing temps. Keeping the ceiling vent cracked open a bit helps to remove some on the moisture and protects the vent control board from gathering condensation. When the windshield gets the occasional condensation bath we turn on the windshield fans till it drys off. We also have a small dehumidifier running.
Have a safe and happy winter. Keep the basement warm and the water dripping when the temps dip into the freeze zone. All these things have worked for me for the 17 years I have been doing this. Should work for you.
Happy trails...
Rick
Old 11-17-2022, 08:06 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

We always have more condensation when our propane furnace runs. So we use electric space heaters to minimize the amount of propane used. We place 1 in the basement and one in the coach plus we run our electric fireplace. This greatly reduces the running of our propane furnace.

We follow a couple on Youtube who full time and spent a month at a ski resort. They found that running their propane furnace caused a lot of moisture in their coach.
LizandBruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade, window