Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-04-2024, 04:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Leveler System not responding 2010 Sightseer 33C

Where can i get the electrical wiring scrmatic for the levelers on a Winnebago Sightseer 34c 2010??
Jacks wont try to work, says set parking brake but park brake is already set, what is holding it out???

Pat
Patrick53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 04:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Pat,
From here:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...s-and-diagrams
you will find wiring diagrams:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm
Sadly, I cannot find the diagram for the 34C.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 03-04-2024, 06:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Sorry, fat fingerd it…

…should be a 33C Sightseer!

I looked there before and found general wiring diagrams but no details of wiring between the components!

Pat
Old 03-04-2024, 07:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Missing a vital point on Rv! They are much like the house we often use in that the wiring for the RV/coach is much like the way we deal with house wiring. It is set up as part of the Winnebago wiring shows what they wire in the RV to get the various components like converter, water pump and jacks shown only to the point where it meets the wiring used by the builder of that item.
So we need to treat a search for info the same as we would on a house. If we need frig, furnace or jack wiriing we can only get info up to the point the builder of that item has.
On jacks, to get wiring between the jack components like controls and pump, we need to find who built the jacks and wiring and look for info from them. In your case, that sounds like HWH, so you may have basic info in a folder in the big info pack. Or if you look at the jacks, there is likely to be a label, tag, etc. giving the brand and model of the jack system and we then do a search for that model.
Think of it much as we might our computer? We can get a wiring diagram for the house but if we want to know about wiring from the CPU to the monitor, we need to go to the computer folks for info!
Closer to what we do with the frig, stove, TV than what we have come to expect for cars?

But for the basic question, it may be better to just try shotgun thinking!
Are you familiar with the way switches are set on the park brake mechanism to let the lash light show the park brake on?
I might guess there will be a pretty obvious switch setup on the park brake with wiring to the jack controls pad!
If you can get down under the dash to look up at the brake lever, etc. you may be able to spot some simple gizmo riding on the moving parts and that may have a set of wires going to the control.
Check to see it has not worked loose and possibly not moving the switch as the brake pedal moves?
Terrible place to look without being like a snake but there are not very many wires that go to the park brake gizmos! I have been known to get a foot snagged on the wires and pull them off!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 08:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

There is a wire coming from the Winnebago OEM wiring to the Lippert main harness cable that is open with the parking brake off and is supposed to have a ground when the parking brake is on. I got this information out of the Lippert leveling system troubleshooting document.

I think that the parking brake position comes from a Ford chassis sensor, the same one that operates the dash parking brake warning light and gives you the warning beep if you shift out of park with the parking brake on.

That signal comes thru Ford chassis wiring, then thru a connector into Winnebago wiring, then thru a connector to the Lippert main harness, and finally thru another connector to the control box in the the dash with the display.

Sorry I don't see that the exact wires in the various places are documented by Ford, Winnebago, or Lippert to where I can see what they are and pass it on to you.

Good luck.

Sorry I have not been able to take it any farther than that for you.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 08:29 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Ok

…all that is good, but WHERE IS the Powergear control box located on the 33c??? Not the control panel with buttons, the control box where the relays are!!! I cannot locat it and find no wiring info th point me in the right direction!!
Pat
Old 03-08-2024, 10:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Sometimes it is the missing info that keeps us from helping! You have finally told us which brand of levers you have and that is a big help as I was expecting them to be the more common HWH jacks!

Since you will need the manual to figure out which model of levelers and different parts you have, I would suggest digging into the manual as the control box seems to be shown on page 5!

For ease of repair, the troubleshooting guide looks like it starts about page 23, but there are sure to be differences in some depending on what version of jacks you have, manual, semi-auto, or full auto.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 03:55 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Try looking under the RV just behind the driver's side front wheel. The control panel, reservoir, pump, manifolds, etc. are all located there.

Tags
sightseer