Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-21-2020, 08:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2005 Sightseer 29R Leveler system thinks the brakes not set.

I purchased my 2005 Winnebago Sightseer a few weeks back. I was able to get copies of the last decade of service from the place he had do his work. One worksheet told him he needed to replace the control board for his leveler system. Since the next year's winterization mentioned it again, he had not done so.
As the new owner, I also discovered the Leveler didn't work.
You see that the leveling system looks normal, when the ignition is turned on.
But with the engine running, and showing auto park is engaged, And the dash Engaged/Disengaged switch in the engaged position; when the system is turned on, via the ON/OFF button, the Park Brake warning light comes on strobing red, and the leveling system refuses to operate, (with the exception that the All Up cycles to pull up the legs if pressed.)
It seems it thinks the brakes are not set, so refuses to work.
I believe this because a very clever friend of mine took off the control panel, found the pinouts for the board, and constructed a test jig for it.
Using the test Jig, when the Blue wire (brake on,) was pulled low (grounded) and the yellow wire (Accessory) was held high at 12 Volts, the system board came online, and when pressing the Left, Right, Front, Back arrows, each lite the activation wire to operate the associated leveling ram. So the control board acts like it should if it gets the right input.
We reinstalled the board. Checking the RV supplied voltages to the board, the Blue (brake on) and yellow (Accessory) wires we found that the "Brake on" Blue wire voltage was just under 1 volt and the yellow (Accessory) wire was only 7 volts. Since the chassis is a 12-volts, it seems like it could be a bad connection somewhere, but we don't know where the two wires are getting their data from, so that's just speculation.
Has anybody had this problem? and then found where the problem comes from?
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Nice, guys! Sounds like a real good chance of fixing it if you can get the right info.
But that is where we can get into some problems as Winnebago does a good job on the year,make and model with posting wiring info we can use but then they also limit the info to what THEY add and drop some stuff we may need. Things like the auto wiring is limited and things like jacks are not on their drawings at all! Not even finding where they get battery and ground!
I did spot one pretty lame bit that might give a small clue and did a snip of it from this drawing:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...0167474024.pdf
About all I get from it is there is a switch on the park brake and those are sometimes just an obvious switch hanging so the brake pedal pushes it when set. Maybe something you could just spot there? Click the picture for a better view but there just doesn't seem much info there and I don't find where detail AA refers to on the main drawing.
But there is hope? Are these HWH jacks? Can you find some info on what model by looking at any info package from Winnebago you might have or by finding info on labels, etc?
If you can find the info to cut the chase down, the HWH website seems to give some good stuff but I did not look too close without knowing which and what you have.
Perhaps, try HWH.com for indepth info if you can sort out which system you have. It looks like real good troubleshooting info-- but then I didn't try to use it so that's a guess.
Sorry, not finding much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jack wires.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	175064  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, brakes, sightseer