Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-23-2024, 06:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Two Slides Not Getting Power 2005 Adventurer 38J

2005 adventurer 38j..
Two main area slides not receiving power.. Can anyone tell me where the fuse is located ?.. Ive looked at under hood and under drivers dash but find nothing labeled for it or no blown fuses..
bretted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 04:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think your slides will be hydraulic and powered by the same HWH pump as the jacks.
Perhaps check the jack operation and go from there, using the info for the jacks as they are considered a different item than the things Winnebago builds. Perhaps a booklet in the info pack for the RV?
As a second item, I also believe there are fuses on the HWH but that will need to be checked in their info.
Not sure of that, nor where to find those fuses!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

First you must determine the make and model# of your slide mechanism. If it is HWH brand, this will help ID the model#, then we can proceed to solve your problem.http://wanderlodgegurus.com/database/House/HWH/HWH%20Leveling%20System%20Identificaiton.pdf
If it is HWH brand you should have 2 or 3 solenoids attached to the motor, the A main solenoid controls the motor, The B solenoid controls the slides, the C solenoid controls the leveling system. This would be the service manual: https://hwhcorp.com/ml23521.pdf
The solenoids are pictured on page 30, They are intermittent solenoids designed for dump trailers, Inexpensive from Amazon.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretted View Post
2005 adventurer 38j..
Two main area slides not receiving power.. Can anyone tell me where the fuse is located ?.. Ive looked at under hood and under drivers dash but find nothing labeled for it or no blown fuses..
Your MH must have a third slide in the bedroom. Does it still work?

When you activate the switch for either of the main area slides does the hydraulic motor run?

Bill
Old 02-29-2024, 03:41 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Winnebago uses a HWH specific design for their slide mechanisms. This is the service manual: https://hwhcorp.com/ml23521.pdf It has an excellent troubleshooting section.

To me it sounds like the solenoid for the front slides has failed. That's easy to test, just make sure you aren't in the way of anything that will suddenly move. Then jump across the auxiliary solenoid that controls slide movement. If the slides move, remove the jumper cable.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-08-2024, 10:18 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickenrock View Post
Your MH must have a third slide in the bedroom. Does it still work?

When you activate the switch for either of the main area slides does the hydraulic motor run?

Bill
Thank you so much for your response..
The Bedroom slide works fine.. The two main area slides switches do not make any click noises or give any power whatsoever.. Ive looked underneath and see the pistons but dont see the pumps.. I found the control box for the jacks [which work fine] but no fuses contained in it are blown .. I have no documents for these slides.. They have worked fine for the past 1 1/2 years that Ive owned it.. I have competely refurbished the interior but they have worked since that was finished.. Any Help would be truly appreciated.. Thank you in Advance!!
bretted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 10:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

What you need to find is not likely to be part of the slide manual but the hydraulic (jacks?) manual as they use the same tank and pump with different controls for slides versus jacks.
If you don't have the info manual in the info pack, it may require looking at the hydraulic pump, etc. to sort out which model you have.
there will be hydraulic lines running from the jacks to a common place along the underneath frame.
Usually easy to spot as it is a big heavy item. That is also the place you will need to add fluid at some point, so finding it now may be a good plan!

Your owners manual here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...05/5wpg38j.pdf
down about page 89?

Depending on which chassis but it looks like both have it just behind the left front wheel!
Once finding which brand and model of system, you can then go online for manuals for that specific setup and often get troubleshooting charts as well as parts diagrams to locate which solenoid does which function.

Since two out of three slides have failed, I might guess there is a solenoid problem but whether actual failure of that part or if it is a wiring question, is still part of the question!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 05:55 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretted View Post
Thank you so much for your response..
The Bedroom slide works fine.. The two main area slides switches do not make any click noises or give any power whatsoever.. Ive looked underneath and see the pistons but dont see the pumps.. I found the control box for the jacks [which work fine] but no fuses contained in it are blown .. I have no documents for these slides.. They have worked fine for the past 1 1/2 years that Ive owned it.. I have competely refurbished the interior but they have worked since that was finished.. Any Help would be truly appreciated.. Thank you in Advance!!

HWH slide mechanism complete service manual is at your fingertips, in my reply #5, I'm betting the front slide solenoid failed. The solenoids are actually dump-trailer solenoids, do not buy continuous-duty solenoids per HWH.