Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-30-2023, 09:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Keys for rear engine floor hatch 2014 Meridian 34B

Does anyone have a key number for the floor hatch locks? We did not get one with our unit. Not to mention that it was buried under LVP. We have service scheduled in late January and want to be prepared.

Aaron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231230_161002541.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	188150   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231230_161724755.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	436.6 KB
ID:	188151  

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 10:27 AM   #2
Site Team

Try member: R2D2
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...d2-221621.html

He has a 2014 Meridian 34B.

It looks like a standard barrel key kind of lock. They kind they use on the exterior TV hatch cover. They are not universal, but the key number from R2D2 would go a long way to solving the problem.

Not this one... but like it:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 11.25.51 AM.png
Views:	13
Size:	511.8 KB
ID:	188152  
Old 12-30-2023, 04:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

When I went in for my first service after getting my Forza , I made everything ready for the mechanic to access the engine under the bed . As I handed the keys to the service advisor , he told me that it was not necessary to access engine from the top . Most service in done from beneath the motor . Filters ,oil pan , belt , as well as grease fittings . They would only need top access for valve check and major engine repair . After several services ,they have yet needed top access . They have a pit or lift your coach for access .
Old 12-30-2023, 06:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
When I went in for my first service after getting my Forza , I made everything ready for the mechanic to access the engine under the bed . As I handed the keys to the service advisor , he told me that it was not necessary to access engine from the top . Most service in done from beneath the motor . Filters ,oil pan , belt , as well as grease fittings . They would only need top access for valve check and major engine repair . After several services ,they have yet needed top access . They have a pit or lift your coach for access .
That's what I am hoping for. However, I want to be prepared just in case. My coach is a 2014 with 55k on it and no service records. I just swapped out the Air Cleaner and it was the one that was put on the chassis in 2013 when it was built.

Aaron
Old 12-31-2023, 03:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

When in doubt give Lichtsinn a call

https://www.lichtsinn.com/
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 04:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
When in doubt give Lichtsinn a call

https://www.lichtsinn.com/
I have them on speed dial. Just can't call until Tuesday.

Aaron
Old 01-03-2024, 04:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Does anyone have a key number for the floor hatch locks? We did not get one with our unit. Not to mention that it was buried under LVP. We have service scheduled in late January and want to be prepared.

Aaron
Does your front hood use barrel key? If you have that one it should be the same for the deck. Winnebago parts service should be able to provide one for you.
Old 01-03-2024, 05:55 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Does your front hood use barrel key? If you have that one it should be the same for the deck. Winnebago parts service should be able to provide one for you.
Nope. Mine is a DP the front "hood" releases and the Generator slides out.

I called Lichtsinn Tuesday morning and the correct keys are on the way. Funny thing is when I called they apparently save phone numbers, they already knew who I was and what unit I have.

Aaron
Old 01-04-2024, 05:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Nope. Mine is a DP the front "hood" releases and the Generator slides out.

I called Lichtsinn Tuesday morning and the correct keys are on the way. Funny thing is when I called they apparently save phone numbers, they already knew who I was and what unit I have.

Aaron
Yes, they do. Success is a good way to start the new year.
Rick
Old 01-04-2024, 05:57 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
That's what I am hoping for. However, I want to be prepared just in case. My coach is a 2014 with 55k on it and no service records. I just swapped out the Air Cleaner and it was the one that was put on the chassis in 2013 when it was built.

Aaron
Make this easy, call the service center and ask if top access is required. Then call Lichstenn as recommended previously.

That is the correct air filter replacement method; only replace the air filter when the filter-minder indicates it must be repalced, or so says Cummins and Winnebago.
Every time the clamps are removed it creates an opportunity for dust to be sucked in, which can mean a "dusted" engine.
But if you have a gas engine, they are relatively cheap to replace, so no worries.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 05:22 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Make this easy, call the service center and ask if top access is required. Then call Lichstenn as recommended previously.

That is the correct air filter replacement method; only replace the air filter when the filter-minder indicates it must be repalced, or so says Cummins and Winnebago.
Every time the clamps are removed it creates an opportunity for dust to be sucked in, which can mean a "dusted" engine.
But if you have a gas engine, they are relatively cheap to replace, so no worries.
All good advise except for one thing I learned when replacing my air filter. When I read frequancy of replacement in my owners manual the recomendation was every 2 years or when the minder indicated the need. I don't recall the manufacture of the air filter I used. When reading up on replacement frequency there recomendation was every 7 years or when the minder indicated the need. Like tires, filters have a time restriction because of material breakdown. Warehouse shelf life is somthing like 3 years if I recall. In any case, getting dust past the filter could be very costly.
Old 01-05-2024, 12:01 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
All good advise except for one thing I learned when replacing my air filter. When I read frequancy of replacement in my owners manual the recomendation was every 2 years or when the minder indicated the need. I don't recall the manufacture of the air filter I used. When reading up on replacement frequency there recomendation was every 7 years or when the minder indicated the need. Like tires, filters have a time restriction because of material breakdown. Warehouse shelf life is somthing like 3 years if I recall. In any case, getting dust past the filter could be very costly.
I believe the brand is Racor. They have a 3-year shelf life. According to the information sheet from Freightliner that I have the filter should be replaced every 24 months/30k miles or if the indicator calls for it earlier. I suspect mine will be every 24 months. Relatively cheap insurance to protect an expensive engine.

Aaron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SINGLE PAGE MAINTENANCE SHEET.pdf (401.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-06-2024, 06:20 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I believe the brand is Racor. They have a 3-year shelf life. According to the information sheet from Freightliner that I have the filter should be replaced every 24 months/30k miles or if the indicator calls for it earlier. I suspect mine will be every 24 months. Relatively cheap insurance to protect an expensive engine.

Aaron
Thank you for reminding me of the manufactuer. Racor is correct. Many years ago I asked them this very question. I just found the Racor instalation sheet that came with my replacement filter. 3 year shelf life is stated in it. But, if I recall correctly, they said the filter can remain in service for 7 years. Just to be certain I am not giving bad information I just sent Racor another inquiry. I'll post it here when I get it.
(Change of topic. I lost my spellchecker option and I can't find where to reactivate it. Anyone who can help please do so. Thanks.)
Rick
Old 01-06-2024, 07:49 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Rick,
Not knowing the type of system I'll give it a stab. Look in the settings. On a MAC, iPhone, iPad it will be under "General" then "Keyboard." Make sure it is turned on or turn it off and back on then re-boot.

Hope that helps.

Edit:
Found this:

Enable spell check, Android device:
Go to Settings.
Tap System > Languages & input > Advanced. ...
Tap Spell checker.
Turn the Use spell checker toggle switch on or off.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 01:59 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Rick,
Not knowing the type of system I'll give it a stab. Look in the settings. On a MAC, iPhone, iPad it will be under "General" then "Keyboard." Make sure it is turned on or turn it off and back on then re-boot.

Hope that helps.

Edit:
Found this:

Enable spell check, Android device:
Go to Settings.
Tap System > Languages & input > Advanced. ...
Tap Spell checker.
Turn the Use spell checker toggle switch on or off.
Thanks Wayne but I'm using a windows 10 computer. I think spell check is resident to this site. ( maybe)
Old 01-07-2024, 02:17 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thanks, Wayne, but I'm using a windows 10 computer. I think spell check is resident to this site. ( maybe)
Update: Found a check box in my browser settings under language select. Problem solved.

Back to the OP. I hope the new keys solve his problem.
Rick
Old 01-07-2024, 05:05 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

OP is waiting on USPS to bring the keys...
They are supposed to deliver Jan 9th.

Aaron
Old 01-08-2024, 01:36 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Keys showed up today. They are a Southco E3-5-15. They were $11.35 each from Lichtsinn. Perfect fit.

Aaron
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PXL_20240108_202203320 (1).jpg
Views:	16
Size:	482.8 KB
ID:	188178  
Old 01-09-2024, 04:42 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Keys showed up today. They are a Southco E3-5-15. They were $11.35 each from Lichtsinn. Perfect fit.

Aaron

Tags
engine