Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-27-2022, 07:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

First warranty work scheduled

We are scheduled to take our new Adventurer 35f in tomorrow for warranty service. We have a list of several minor items that need attention but nothing major.
Does anyone have any suggestions that might help us for tomorrow and future warranty issues?
The dealership has asked us to limit our list to the most important 5 items. I think we need to list everything, no matter how trivial, to go on record with Winnebago.
This is our first class A so we could use some guidance from other more experienced members here!

TIA!
202235f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Everyone's experience will be different so lets hope you have a good experience. My first and last trip to the dealer for warranty was for leaky drain lines And they fixed em. But in the process they failed to refasten the same lines back against the frame. Three hundred mile later the lines had worn thru rubbing up against the inside rear tire.Thankfully the tire was not damaged. For me it was less stressful to make my own repairs than go back to the dealer. Bottom line, I'm at the end of the one year coach warranty, if I can fixed it myself for pocket change I will.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #3
Site Team

What I and many others have learned is to not use a Winnebago dealer for repairs of anything you can fix yourself or, even under warranty, pay an independent repair person/shop to repair.

For all major repairs, especially under warranty we bite the bullet and drive the 1700 miles to Forest City, IA to have the factory service center do the repairs.

Now that National Indoor RV Center is a Winnebago dealer, I would consider taking the RV to one of their locations, but we have a good independent RV repair shop in San Antonio that I currently use for all repairs I can’t handle myself.

The nearest NIRVC to you is in Atlanta about 200 mi away.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:46 AM   #4
CO Sunova Owner

Suggestion

We had 62 items, both minor and major. Took it to the dealership for the top 5 and they screwed everything up and it took 3 months. Best thing we ever did, and it was winter time, was to call Winnebago customer service and get an appt at their customer service repair facility. Took it there and they fixed all 62 items beautifully. We had so many major things we ended up staying in a hotel instead of the RV. Highly recommend this experience!!!
navnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 10:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Any problems I have with an RV under warranty are taken to the dealer to fix. Even the minor ones. I simply add everything to a list and when the list is long enough I take it in. Sure, I could fix some of them myself, but what if I do and it turns out there was a bigger problem involved and I don't find out until after the warranty period? Or I make things worse? Or accidentally void the warranty?

Cheers
6cwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 01:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We spent about a month at Winnebago serviced center this summer after our accident . Those that had warr. work to be done , setup in the parking lot with power ,check in and on site first thing in morning . Most seamed to get their work done and setup again till the next day . Service center was great and did a great job repairing our coach . Make an appointment and get to Forest City . Plenty to do in area while coach is being repaired.
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for your responses everyone. We are taking the coach in tomorrow. Hopefully everything will go OK. I'll post again after we get her back tomorrow evening.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:45 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202235f View Post
I'll post again after we get her back tomorrow evening.
Huh? Tomorrow evening? Let us know how that works out.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Well, we had the coach at the dealer this morning at 8. Service guy walked through each item on the list. We ended up with 9 issues for the initial warranty work. All of the repair items were minor.

The dealership called me at 3:30 and said everything was fixed and the coach was ready to pick up.

We got there at 4, went through the list with the service tech, signed the repair paperwork and out the door by 4:30!

There was one issue with a fairly big scratch above the driver's window that they balked on.
We showed them the docs from the pdi, end of story . They buffed it out and it looks great.
Document those pdi issues!

We're very happy with the dealer, the process and the results.
Old 03-01-2022, 07:05 AM   #10
Site Team

Wow! This is very different than what we hear from others. Most folks must leave their RVs with the dealer and even with an appointment don’t get the RV back for weeks or months even.

Of course, we don’t know what was on your list and you did say it was all minor items, but that result sounds like you did very well.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:50 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Creative, we did luck out.Based on what we have seen and heard, the dealership gave us the service we all deserve.
Most of the warranty items were minor, like broken drawers, latches, privacy shade support bracket, missing chrome wheel nut cover and a few others.
We did have a fairly significant scratch in the paint above the driver's side window. They buffed it out, did a great job.
The large drivers side slide had a bent track and the slide topper wasn't working correctly.
They were able to repair those too.
Call us lucky and pleased!
Old 03-01-2022, 03:33 PM   #12
CO Sunova Owner

Wow

That’s amazing. Keep going back to them then, it is unusual. What state are you in?
navnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:04 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Navnaz, I am currently in Ft. Pierce, Florida. The warranty work was done at La Mesa in Port St Lucie, just a few miles South on 95. Sorry, should have mentioned that earlier!
Old 03-01-2022, 11:31 PM   #14
Site Team

I am also very happy with the service department at La Mesa in Davis, CA. I’ve had the same service rep for over 6 years and he always gets me out on schedule, usually the same day. They run a good operation in Davis.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 06:28 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum! As long time RV owners, we learned long time ago not to rely on RV warranties for the small stuff. RVs are built by unskilled labor. Fix it yourself. You will do a better job than them if you have basic skills. YouTube and RV forums are your friend. All you can do is hope they can fix the major problems. Just be prepared to wait a long time for repairs and don't expect it to be fixed the first time.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led