Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-15-2023, 11:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2022 Forza 36H Coolant Leaking!

I've driven our new Forza 36h approximately 6 miles so far. I drove it from the dealership to our house. It's sat here for 3 weeks, while we get to know it, and getting it outfitted for our trip in 2 weeks from TN to Nor-cal. Went out this morning and started it up only to get a check engine light saying low coolant level. No biggie. I went and bought a gallon of the recommended oat stuff, and filled the tank to the max cold line on the reservoir . Started the engine, and went outside to check to make sure all was well. NOT! it's pouring coolant out of the bottom of the radiator. I can't tell where it's coming from. Freightliner is sending a tow truck to bring it to the Freightliner shop. What a way to start the day.
Snipechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 01:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

There she goesClick image for larger version

Name:	20231215_141738.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	576.0 KB
ID:	188076
Old 12-15-2023, 02:30 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Dang. Sorry to read this. Hopefully it will be an easy fix, maybe just a loose hose.
Old 12-15-2023, 02:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Had a puddle under mine and found it to be a hose clamp . Tighten and all has been well for the last 2 years . Sure they will get it fixed .
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 02:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I hope it's that simple. It's been in the 20's in the morning, so it could be a loose hose or clamp. I found out this morning, that it's not a real convenient way to add coolant.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

It needs a new radiator :-(>
Won't be here until Jan 4th or so. So I guess I'm in a holding pattern until then.
Old 12-20-2023, 07:55 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Sorry to hear that . Any idea as to why it leaked ?
Old 12-21-2023, 08:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

The service manager said it failed the pressure test.
When I took the bus for our first drive I noted to the sales person that there was a check engine light on saying low coolant. As we drove a bit it cleared. She said she would let service know. There were a few things wrong that had to be resolved before i picked it up. It was new but had 1500 miles on it. The steering wheel was way off center. Ice maker didn't work, and washing machine didn't work.after all that got fixed I drove it home where it has sat for nearly a month. I started it last Friday to make sure everything worked before our 1st big trip. TN to calif. Once started I got the low coolant alarm. I went and bought a gal of antifreeze, filled it up and started engine. Only to find a major leak. I think the dealership just topped the resovior off and sent me on my way. I don't believe they even tried to diagnose the problem. Lame!
I also noted the radiator was dirty with an oil like appearance on the radiator fins. Like oil had been leaked on it. idk. Anyway its getting repaired, and I hope that will be the end of that.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:48 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

When I bought mine dealer sucked also . Paid for cleaning that was never done , never went on roof to install vent caps that I noted . Several other things . Best one was after getting TMP for tires could not get one to work . Showed no pressure ,used another one ,same reading . Was having tow setup done at Camper Worst and since I bought TMP there, can they look at it . Found no air in tire . Back to coach dealer and let wife loose on them . Ended up with new tire ,refund of cleaning, PDI , wash / wax , new awning they could not fit and a few other costs . RV One sucks as much as CW . .
Old 12-21-2023, 12:16 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipechief View Post
The service manager said it failed the pressure test.
When I took the bus for our first drive I noted to the sales person that there was a check engine light on saying low coolant. As we drove a bit it cleared. She said she would let service know. There were a few things wrong that had to be resolved before i picked it up. It was new but had 1500 miles on it. The steering wheel was way off center. Ice maker didn't work, and washing machine didn't work.after all that got fixed I drove it home where it has sat for nearly a month. I started it last Friday to make sure everything worked before our 1st big trip. TN to calif. Once started I got the low coolant alarm. I went and bought a gal of antifreeze, filled it up and started engine. Only to find a major leak. I think the dealership just topped the resovior off and sent me on my way. I don't believe they even tried to diagnose the problem. Lame!
I also noted the radiator was dirty with an oil like appearance on the radiator fins. Like oil had been leaked on it. idk. Anyway its getting repaired, and I hope that will be the end of that.
I would think the chassis is still covered by the factory warranty, that would include the radiator IMO. The selling dealership should step up and back their word.
Even a rear-radiator chassis couldn't accumulate oil on the radiator fins in 1,500 miles unless there was an oil leak.

About radiator clamps, they should not be the standard automotive worm gear clamps, instead they should be constant-tension clamps as used on HDT's. This clamp maintains the same tension on the hose regarrdless of temperature changes, age, etc.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:22 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Yes I understand about the clamps. I do t believe that was the problem. The Forza is under warranty.
Old 01-05-2024, 05:14 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Update, the new radiator was damaged during transit. The 2nd radiator should be here on the 9th.
Old 01-26-2024, 01:05 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Finally got the radiator replaced, and drove it home for further inspection. The truck shop did a good job on the Radiator from what I can see. They also found the oil fill tube broken jeez! Anyway when the bus got towed for repairs, we were ready to leave on our trip so the the bus wasn't winterized. The wx got down to 0° f several mornings and was below freezing for 2 weeks while at the truck shop. They didn't winterize. So far I've had to replace the 12vdc house water pump strainer due to being cracked from freezing. I bought a new one and installed. Next I pressurized the water system and found a major leak in the Auga go heater compartment. Found the inlet water filter was damaged from freezing. Thankfully the little plastic disc (safety) inside the tube was missing . Dealership didn't have one so I found one online and ordered. Should be here Monday. Once installed I'll do another pressure test and also see how the water heater functions. After 1 month of sitting in freezing wx , all 6 batteries were also dead, so I'm slowing bringing them back up to full charge. I'm hoping that's enough drama for us, and we should be underway towards California next week. Fingers crossed .
Old 01-29-2024, 08:48 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Replaced water heater water intake filter. Pressure tested water system only to find out the Temperature Stabilizer tank is cracked on the bottom. Must be a certified repair facility to work on it. So I now have an appointment the 2nd week of Feb for diagnosis and then parts. So we're not going anywhere.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:07 PM   #15
GJM
Winnebago Camper

I am so sorry to hear all of this. What a ruff start!
GJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 05:00 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
I am so sorry to hear all of this. What a ruff start!
Thanks? Yes it's been a real let down and we've had to change our schedules several times now. I'm pretty burned out, and tired of the ups and downs. Just want to get underway. We bought this MH so life would be a little easier on us, but I wish I had my 5th wheel back now. No looking back now. I just hope the this cycle will end soon.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:32 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

She's back with everything working as it should. Man ! That was a lot of BS. So after owning the Bus for over 2 months I'm finally starting to load het up for our trip west 2 months late. I'm sure there will be more drama, there always is, but I think it's as ready as it's ever been. It just needs some miles under her steel belts.

Tags
leak