Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-27-2023, 01:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2011 VIA 25Q main slide out question

Hi!

My grandma prefers to sleep sitting up, so her late travel companion removed the factory "rollover" couch (with air mattress that plugs in and stows underneath when in "couch mode" and put in a recliner. During this process he changed quite a few things. While I have been able to get it all put back for the most part, I have to push out on the top of the slide when going out as well as when it's coming back in.

I did remove a pair of casters, but they were attached to boards that he had added and I just can't figure out when these may have been located or if there I need to open up the black hardware cover and adjust and I'd rather ask them learn the hard way.

Thank you for looking!
Strkndsl002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 03:30 PM   #2
Site Team

I can't provide any direct help, but here's a link to the 2011 Via 25Q 3D interactive parts list.

You can move around and zoom in on parts and drawing associated to the slide;

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2011/11wmh25q.htm
Old 07-27-2023, 08:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Think I solved it

Thank you for the link!

It took a bit to find the section I wanted, but I confirmed that casters were not installed from the factory. I removed the black sheet metal cover hoping that I'd find and some type of adjustment option but I didn't see anything glaringly obvious, so I held up the flip over part and brought the room half way in where I could tilt it in and out pretty easily. I noticed the whole assembly rocking so looked closer and saw that only 3 of what was 4 bolts were holding the track assembly down. I remembered seeing a weird panel in one of the 3D renderings so I went to the belly storage and started removing screws and found the missing nut and bolt! Got some locktite and reinstalled all 4 bolts. It still has a little more "slop" than I'd like, but it's markedly better than before!

Thank you and I hope this helps someone, sometime. I apologize for not taking pictures, but skeeter time was rapidly approaching and I didn't want to get carried away
Old 07-28-2023, 10:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strkndsl002 View Post
Thank you for the link!

It took a bit to find the section I wanted, but I confirmed that casters were not installed from the factory. I removed the black sheet metal cover hoping that I'd find and some type of adjustment option but I didn't see anything glaringly obvious, so I held up the flip over part and brought the room half way in where I could tilt it in and out pretty easily. I noticed the whole assembly rocking so looked closer and saw that only 3 of what was 4 bolts were holding the track assembly down. I remembered seeing a weird panel in one of the 3D renderings so I went to the belly storage and started removing screws and found the missing nut and bolt! Got some locktite and reinstalled all 4 bolts. It still has a little more "slop" than I'd like, but it's markedly better than before!

Thank you and I hope this helps someone, sometime. I apologize for not taking pictures, but skeeter time was rapidly approaching and I didn't want to get carried away
I have the same slide as you, my dining slide also rocked when moving in and out and I had to help it with my hands. My bolts were all in and tight. One day I removed the metal cover in the outside compartment by standing on my head and removing the 200 screws and lo and behold a roller fell out! It took me a long time and a couple of home made-modified tools to re-install it and I had to do it from inside, under the sheet metal cover. Once I got it put back and tightened the slide doesn't rock at all now. I still reach out and give it a hand, can't hurt.
The mechanism is a Lippert Power Gear Above Floor Slide, somewhere I have pictures but can't find them at the moment. Of course it's no longer made and getting parts and info is next to impossible, I spent hours looking for the right diagrams.
Old 07-28-2023, 10:43 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

BigB-

I believe there are 4 rollers, they were all in place, but I'm thinking they're likely worn more than they should be... I did notice that the bolts that were going into the rollers weren't tight against the frame, but didn't really seem loose.

I'll try and find some more info on how this is supposed to be, but certainly would appreciate if you do find those PCs and feel like sharing
Old 07-28-2023, 10:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
BigB-

I believe there are 4 rollers, they were all in place, but I'm thinking they're likely worn more than they should be... I did notice that the bolts that were going into the rollers weren't tight against the frame, but didn't really seem loose.

I'll try and find some more info on how this is supposed to be, but certainly would appreciate if you do find those PCs and feel like sharing
The rollers have to be tightened by holding them on their backsides with an allen wrench while using a wrench on the not. The backsides are the part that is facing inwards on the roller tracks, so you can't get an allen wrench in there unless you heat it up and modify it. I had to heat one up and bend it several; times to tighten each roller. I also made a small tool to be able to position the missing roller back into place but if none of yours have fallen out that won't be necessary. The rollers themselves are quite robust and are actually roller ball bearings. Also there are 4 teflon pads mounted on threaded screws that you adjust till they are barely contacting the rails, you don't want those tight. They keep the sideways slop out of the mechanism. I'll attach a pic of my tools, and a pdf of the install manual and the owner's manual. Somewhere there is an exploded diagram but I'll be darned if I can find it now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roller.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	186798   Click image for larger version

Name:	tools.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	390.1 KB
ID:	186799  

Old 07-28-2023, 10:53 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

The forum won't allow me to attach the pdf's but here is where I got them: https://support.lci1.com/above-floor...oor-slide-outs Ours is the first two buttons for the above floor model.
Old 07-28-2023, 10:55 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

You've given me more than I deserve! Thank you!
Old 07-28-2023, 10:58 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
You've given me more than I deserve! Thank you!
Glad to help. I've been all over my Via from bumper to bumper (If they actually had bumpers) both the coach and the chassis so if you need to know stuff just ask. I'll be hitting the road tomorrow AM for 11 days but checking in on my phone here and there.
Old 07-28-2023, 11:00 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Glad to help. I've been all over my Via from bumper to bumper (If they actually had bumpers) both the coach and the chassis so if you need to know stuff just ask. I'll be hitting the road tomorrow AM for 11 days but checking in on my phone here and there.
I will keep this in mind!

I hope you have easy travel days and a lot of enjoyment in between!

The lack of bumper is a bit unsettling
Old 07-28-2023, 11:26 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Since your rollers have not fallen out you have no way to know what size the allen wrench is! Anyway I just checked and it's a 3/16". A ball end works best.

Tags
slide, slide out