Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-16-2021, 08:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2011 Winnebago Via 25Q External Storage Options

Hi all,

I recently found a great deal on a used 2011 Winnebago Via 25Q and will be going to see it and potentially purchase it this Friday (3/19). My girlfriend and I are planning to do a year of full time RVing starting in May and this model checks off a lot of the boxes on our wish list, but the one area we are still unsure of is the external storage.

Some of the items we were considering bringing with us at various points of our trip would be:
-Golf clubs
-Snowboard
-Bikes (we have a hitch for the back, but were wondering if we should find a hitch that has room for storage as well as bikes)
-Folding table/chairs
-Small grill for outside

I know that the 25Q has significantly less than most other RVs and I was just wondering if other owners of the 25Q Via/Reyo have any feedback on how they have made the storage work for them and if there were any storage mods people recommend.

Thanks in advance!
RV.There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV.There View Post
Hi all,

I recently found a great deal on a used 2011 Winnebago Via 25Q and will be going to see it and potentially purchase it this Friday (3/19). My girlfriend and I are planning to do a year of full time RVing starting in May and this model checks off a lot of the boxes on our wish list, but the one area we are still unsure of is the external storage.

Some of the items we were considering bringing with us at various points of our trip would be:
-Golf clubs
-Snowboard
-Bikes (we have a hitch for the back, but were wondering if we should find a hitch that has room for storage as well as bikes)
-Folding table/chairs
-Small grill for outside

I know that the 25Q has significantly less than most other RVs and I was just wondering if other owners of the 25Q Via/Reyo have any feedback on how they have made the storage work for them and if there were any storage mods people recommend.

Thanks in advance!
Storage is very meager on the Via as well as payload, be careful as all that stuff you want to bring along with stuff for full timing you will most certainly be over GVWR. You only have about 1,000 lbs of payload so two people, tank of fuel, maybe 1/2 tank of fresh water and some clothes and food you are already at GVWR. A small trailer would solve the issue but not something most want to do.
That said there is a little wasted space in the two rear compartments if you look up with your head stuck in there where hooks could be put to hold things, and there is a tall, thin space between the bedroom wall and the back of the motorhome.

We're going to try the 25Q for a while and down the road may look at the 25T as it has more payload and a pass thru compartment. Our use is just vacations, mostly a week or two. I think the 25Q is doable for that but full timing I don't know.

Tags
storage, winnebago