Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-27-2023, 10:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Battery access? 2011 Winnebago Vista 36D

I recently purchased a 2011 Winnebago Vista 36D. When you enter the door, one of the steps comes off and there is access to the coach and starter battery. Is there access to the batteries from anywhere else? That is a very tight compartment. It seems nearly impossible to replace the batteries in such a tiny space. The current batteries have a bit of corrosion and I wanted to clean them up if not replace them entirely. I have 2 vmax tank 125 amp batteries I took out of my 5th wheel, but they weigh 75 lbs each. I just can't see that working through the access step.
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 10:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Yes, it is a tight spot and you have just discovered one of the big issues when folks begin to want to change out batteries and some want to use the newer type batteries which often come in a different shape!
I would assume you have ahself with a metal covering around the back and sides, even though not fully enclosed. It was designed for lead acid batteries which need space to gass off any fumes but also to hold them solidly.

Yes, it is likely to be a quite a challenge to move to any different size shape and even getting replacement in/out is a struggle for folks with REAL muscle!
Not really my game any more, so I leave it to the folks who do it all the time!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago, battery