Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2023, 08:57 AM   #28
YTDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
That all looks correct as labeled, not sure where that second negative wire goes but it doesn't really matter as long as you connect it to negative on the new battery. The positive that you labeled "from alternator" does come from the alternator but not directly, it actually comes from the battery isolation solenoid where it is identified again with yellow and a different fat wire comes from the alternator and connects to the other side of the BIS.
Which battery are you going with? I still have not decided which one (or 2) I'm getting.
Are you doing a monitor with a shunt?
I suspected that the wire "from the alternator" ran through the battery isolation switch. Seems logical...

I'm leaning heavily towards the following...as described on Amazon...
"12V 100AH Self-Heating LiFePO4 Lithium Battery with Touchable Smart Display & APP Monitoring, Built-in 100A BMS,1280W Load Power, 5000+ Cycles , Perfect for RV/Camper, Solar, Home Energy Storage". I like the automatic self-heating feature that will be activated by the BMS when the battery is connected to a charger at -4°F to 4°F. It also has a Bluetooth feature for displaying battery information on your phone. It's currently (pun intended) priced at $320.00 on Amazon.

I like the heat feature...as I gaze at the thermometer and it's 31 degrees here in Gig Harbor. I like the blue tooth monitoring feature because I don't have a clue as to how to hook up a shunt and I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. And of course, if for some reason this turns out to be a disaster, I can throw the whole mess in the garbage and start from scratch without having spent too much money.

I'm also debating the merits of adding another solar panel, but I want to get the battery project done before I tackle that idea. I had a couple of solar panels on my trawler for many years and they sure helped when we were anchored in a little bay somewhere over a period of days...

Thank-you for your reply. I appreciate your contribution to this project and if you have any better ideas, please feel free to offer them up.

Cheers!
YTDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, view