Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2024, 03:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Steering Stabilizer 2014 Forza 38R

We've had our 2014 Forza 38R DP for four years now, living in it fulltime. We travel all over. Home bases are Texas and New Jersey. Is it worth it to get a steering stabilizer or any other aftermarket suspension add-ons that would help in cross wind, etc. situations? I-10 is crazy sometimes! I've seen both Roadmaster and Safe-T-Plus kits that are available but not sure if they really work on DP's. I'm not worried about the expense, and I can install them myself.
Thanks in advance!
Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 04:29 PM   #2
Site Team

I know a steering stabilizer works great in my gasser and I’ve heard of folks using them on diesel motorhomes, too.

Your Forza is 10-years old now, perhaps shocks are ready to be replaced, too? Also you should check all suspension bushings for excess play as well.
Old 05-19-2024, 05:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Had a safety T installed on my 2016 34 T Forza . Had it installed soon after buying it ,so no real on road problems . Did notice on drive home that steering was tighter and less movement in cross winds . After putting 30,000 + miles on coach , I'm glad I did .
Old 05-19-2024, 05:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

FWIW. the Spartan mountain master chassis for DP's comes standard with a steering stabilizer, which has 2 stabilizing "shocks". I replaced the "shocks" @ 20 yrs old, and it improved the ease of steering. So yes, IMO it is a sound investment.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 07:14 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Safe-t-steer is a great product and does work well. Also, check for worn or missing sway bar bushings and consider replacing shocks.

FWIW I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian that will be getting Safe-T-Steer and new shocks in the next year as we prepare to drive longer distances. The Safe-T-Steer will also help you maintain control in the case of a front tire blow out.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 12:25 AM   #6
1996 Itasca 29Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Safe-t-steer is a great product and does work well. Also, check for worn or missing sway bar bushings and consider replacing shocks.

FWIW I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian that will be getting Safe-T-Steer and new shocks in the next year as we prepare to drive longer distances. The Safe-T-Steer will also help you maintain control in the case of a front tire blow out.

Aaron
I installed a Safety-Steer unit and it made a modest improvement in handling, I also installed a set of Air Tabs on the trailing edge of my coach and that was a surprising improvement in handling, especially with cross winds and traffic turbulence given the low cost of the system!
Bobn1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering