Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2022, 12:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Disconnect Solar 2022 Micro Minnie 2108DS?

Good afternoon, I'm new t the forum so this may of been asked. I have a 2022 2108DS. I just put my trailer away for the winter. I disconnect the battery and the controller is still lit. Then I pulled the fuse connected to the controller. I went inside and shut off all the breakers and I still get a reading on the controller. I covered the camper with the solar panel covered. Will the controller go out since there is on light getting to the panel or is there another fuse to pull?
Thanks in advance.
Rbcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
Site Team

If you've covered the panels then there is nothing more to do. If you wish you could pull out the PV wires from the back of the controller and cap them off.

Solar panels don't usually have any "off" switch. And many are fused on the roof at the combiner port.

If you really wish to "turn them off" when you remove the PV input wires from the controller you could install a fused breaker for the future to easily disconnect the panels from the controller.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, there was a fuse at the bottom of the controller, but there was still a reading on the controller. I thought it should of gone out. But with the panel being covered I take it the controller reading should go out eventually.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Covering panels is a PITA. For a few bucks, wire in a resettable breaker, like in the link, next to the controller. But if you decide to do it, you’ve got to up to the roof and disconnect the panel MC4 at the gland, or you might get the shock of your life. PV arrays never go “off”.

50 Amp Circuit Breaker with Manual Reset Car Marine Trolling Motors Boat RV ATV 12V-48VDC Waterproof Audio System Fuse https://a.co/d/eVWwwMc
Old 11-01-2022, 01:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have installed them before. But what is the fuse on the bottom of the controller for?
Old 11-01-2022, 01:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Don’t know what controller you have. Post pic or brand/model
Old 11-01-2022, 02:41 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The system is from go power. If you need a pic, I will post it later. (Raining today)
Old 11-01-2022, 02:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I opened the go power website. Don’t see any models with a fuse below. Maybe you can go to the website and pick the model you have.
https://gpelectric.com/product-categ...r-controllers/
Old 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I have a GP-PWM-30-SB. I see the fuse but it has a reading. I'll go out when it stops raining to see if it went out.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:23 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Jim, thanks for yor help on the web site for go power. I dwelled down in one of there specs and found the illustration on the wiring to the controller. I'm not much on electronics I'm more old school. But what it shows is a positive and negative from the solar panel to the controller and a positive and negative from the controller to the battery.the battery side has the fuse. So the panel goes to the controller then charges the battery and the battery feeds the trailer. Buy pulling the fuse only disconnects the feed to the trailer. The display will go out after the panel has no more power. There is no fuse or breaker from the panel to the controller. I'm not sure if I would want to put a breaker in between the panel to the controller. Since I don't know what the composition of the wire is made up with.

Tags
solar