Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-03-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water Pump Issues

Hello all,
I have a 2005 Voyage that I just took out of winter storage, actually it was in a repair shop for a A/C issue, but anyway today when I was draining and filling my water tank, I tried using my water pump, and no water at the facets. I pulled the outlet line off and its pumping water there but its not coming out of any of my faucets. I pulled the pump and cleaned it and it looks good, I also pulled the screen and that was clean. The pump just keeps running and I do here bubbling in the tank. I have checked my valves and yes there is water in the tank. Any ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks
gjetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:48 PM   #2

If your pump just keeps running, then there is not enough back pressure in the lines.

A) I'm guessing your "City Water" vs. "Tank Water Fill" (aka by-pass valve) is not closing. And water is getting pumped into your fresh water tank.

If so, I would not cut the by-pass valve out. Instead, you just buy a new valve and replace the old valve's "guts" with the new valve's "guts." It's much easier.

Note: You might find an obstruction when you take the old valve apart and maybe you can repair it... if you are lucky. Then you can do a proper "gut job" when you have more time.

or

B) Your pump never primed. To fix that, this thread may help.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...on-361580.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5 Finished valve - with room to turn left.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	179925   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 Align large portion of valve upright.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	179926  

Name:	1 Damaged 3 way Valve.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	179927  
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 03:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

As you said nothing about seeing water on the ground this may not apply. Make sure your low point drains values are closed. Them being open would cause water to not make it to the faucets.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Water Pump Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
If your pump just keeps running, then there is not enough back pressure in the lines.

A) I'm guessing your "City Water" vs. "Tank Water Fill" (aka by-pass valve) is not closing. And water is getting pumped into your fresh water tank.

If so, I would not cut the by-pass valve out. Instead, you just buy a new valve and replace the old valve's "guts" with the new valve's "guts." It's much easier.

Note: You might find an obstruction when you take the old valve apart and maybe you can repair it... if you are lucky. Then you can do a proper "gut job" when you have more time.

or

B) Your pump never primed. To fix that, this thread may help.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...on-361580.html

You were correct, I forgot to switch back from water fill valve to city water. Feel like such a rookie. Thanks for your response.
gjetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:35 AM   #5

gjetson: You are welcome.

And I'm still making rookie mistakes. The dumb ones cost me.

Fortunately, I found a great body, fender & paint guy in Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco, MX) who has keep my RV looking great on the road, and every year I expect to go there for the vacation and the perodic maintenance my coach needs to stay in tiptop shape.

For more information, just put this in your google search bar:

imnprsd The Reef site:winnieowners.com

or type this in the Winnebago search bar: "imnprsd The Reef"

Carlos, Pablo & Gabriel will do a great job... and I will catch lunch and margaritas on the beach next to the RV Park at Wrecked On The Reef.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200630_153032.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	179975   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200702_124413.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	179976  

Name:	Wrecked At The Reef.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	179977  
Old 07-13-2021, 02:10 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

imnprsd, I've seen you mention "the Reef" on other occasions and, I have to admit, it's peaked my interest - although it would be a long haul. However, I tried both things you suggested through Google and Winnie and I can't come up with the article/blog. Must not be getting some part of it right.

Can you provide a direct link to it?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2021, 11:37 AM   #7

Here's the direct link:

Rocky Point Mexico Is The Place To Vacation & Find RV Body & Paint Work (Who Knew?)

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...-358003-2.html

Just bring all your RV parts with you; and if you want a general quote in advance, you can use What's App. You can then contact Carlos for Body & Paint at (638)105-6894; and he will use google translator to communicate the more difficult things to you. His prices are very fair and he treats everyone the same. He and his helper Pablo do excellent paint work and even more important they do excellent prep work!

In general you just show up at The Reef RV Park and let the front office or security guards put you in touch with all different types of service people.

I would say most of them speak good English. But I also tip the security people to help translate the important stuff.

PS
Another great beach spot is to camp on the beaches of Port Aransas, TX. I go there once or twice every year! But I like Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) better in a lot of ways. Still there is nothing like parking your RV on the beach and stepping out into the sand... 20 feet from the high tide mark!

Tags
water, water pump