Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-10-2023, 07:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Right Rear Brake Light Out 2014 View 24J

Hello Everyone -

I’m a Winnebago newbie. I have a 2014 Winnebago View 24J and the right rear brake light is out. I’ve done the obvious, changing the bulb and cleaning connections that I could see. I need some troubleshooting advice to figure out why the right brake light isn’t working. Thank you for any help you may have with this.

Danny
DannyG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 08:29 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Lighting drawings here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_186405.pdf
Two different styles shown but the wire layout appears the same, so I drew up this one for talking!
Click this snip for a better view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	bra.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	188048
It looks like the wire set comes in near left lower and goes across, up and around.
First I would verify if the problem is with the power or the ground side. That cuts the chase in half, so you only need to check one wire, not two!
If the lights further out on the string work. I might suspect the connection from this specific light fixture to the main run???
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 08:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Lighting drawings here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_186405.pdf
Two different styles shown but the wire layout appears the same, so I drew up this one for talking!
Click this snip for a better view!
Attachment 188048
It looks like the wire set comes in near left lower and goes across, up and around.
First I would verify if the problem is with the power or the ground side. That cuts the chase in half, so you only need to check one wire, not two!
If the lights further out on the string work. I might suspect the connection from this specific light fixture to the main run???
You could also check for proper voltages at the trailer connector.
Old 12-10-2023, 09:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you. I appreciate the information. As soon as the rain stops, I’ll be out there working on it.
DannyG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 10:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Check the fuses? Some years had separate fuses for each side. Also try running a temporary ground wire to it.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 04:13 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Did you actually replace the whole light? I have those same lights and they don't have replaceable bulbs, you have to replace the whole light. There are rows of LED in them and many of mine were burned out but a few still worked, I replaced the whole fixture.
Old 12-10-2023, 05:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Did you actually replace the whole light? I have those same lights and they don't have replaceable bulbs, you have to replace the whole light. There are rows of LED in them and many of mine were burned out but a few still worked, I replaced the whole fixture.
Don't go with what it shows on the drawing I posted as there are two different light setups on his year and model. Lacking info on which he had, I chose one at random as the wiring layout appears to be the same on both.

There are at least two different light options on that year and model but they both wired the same.
The devil is in the details on lots of questions but it did not seem to matter for this question.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, brake, view