Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-15-2023, 06:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Odd HWH 610 slide issue

I have a HWH 610 series jack system with three sides on a 2003 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40k. All my jacks and slides work fine when the HWH jack system is powered up. However, the slides will not operate when the jack system is turned off. The pump motor runs when the slide toggle is pressed, but nothing happens with the slides. This is the same for each slide and toggle. Pretty sure they are supposed to work without powering the jack system, but not 100 percent. Any Ideas ?
Lineyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 07:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'm presently having that issue, My ultimate Freedom only has one slide though. I haven't had the time when I feel good enough to work on the MH yet. Just from memory, I suspect it is a stuck 12V solenoid on the valve body.
This is the service and troubleshooting manual for Winnebago-specific 310 and 610 slide systems.

https://hwhcorp.com/ml23521.pdf
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 05:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineyho View Post
I have a HWH 610 series jack system with three sides on a 2003 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40k. All my jacks and slides work fine when the HWH jack system is powered up. However, the slides will not operate when the jack system is turned off. The pump motor runs when the slide toggle is pressed, but nothing happens with the slides. This is the same for each slide and toggle. Pretty sure they are supposed to work without powering the jack system, but not 100 percent. Any Ideas ?
Call these folks. They will tell you just what to do to fix this problem.

HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services
Old 03-28-2023, 09:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I"m hoping Lineyho post will also help me.

My immediate issue is, I can't access the HWH motor pump assy. when the slide is retracted to even do testing. I"ve never read of a manual extension method.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-03-2023, 07:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

FWIW, I found and fixed my problem. The slide movement solenoid was stuck. I merely tapped it several times with the blunt end of a cold chisel and it freed up the corrosion enough to begin working again.
That's what happens when MH's are not used.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Since we all like to catch a break and find an easy fix, I might want to check a couple fuses first, just as a hope for easy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fuse.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	185535

This drawing from the manual shows these two fuses and where they feed but one might also want to know more by reading the info on the troubleshooting section on page 4 as a way to be sure you have all the right conditions set for the voltage to be there.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 01:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Yes they are there, but the HWH 610 central ground system uses 40A fuses. Look up HWH MP85-503K

Tags
hwh, slide