Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-25-2005, 06:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

The drain line exits the coach and stops about 6 inches outside. Fresh water drops about 2-3 feet onto the ground.

Pretty sloppy engineering in my opinion. What if you don't want 72 gallons under your coach?

Guess the answer is to plumb in an extension with a reducer fitting so I can add a garden hose and pipe the water elsewhere.

Do all the Winnebagos have this wonderful feature or just our new Sightseer 27C?
Old 01-25-2005, 06:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The drain line exits the coach and stops about 6 inches outside. Fresh water drops about 2-3 feet onto the ground.

Pretty sloppy engineering in my opinion. What if you don't want 72 gallons under your coach?

Guess the answer is to plumb in an extension with a reducer fitting so I can add a garden hose and pipe the water elsewhere.

Do all the Winnebagos have this wonderful feature or just our new Sightseer 27C?
Old 01-25-2005, 08:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Location: Fulltiming. Living wherever the jacks hit the ground.
Almost, if not all, RV's have this wonderful feature. I did exactly what you are talking about doing so I could dump the water someplace other than under the rear of the rig. Works fine.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:22 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What if you don't want 72 gallons under your coach?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't put 72 gallons in the tank and plan on wasting it it the first place.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:59 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

troth:

We will occasionally fill the tank with a chlorine/water solution, let it sit for 4 to 6 hours and dump. Next step is to fill once again and drain to get rid of the residual chlorine.

How do you disinfect your fresh water tank?
Old 01-26-2005, 06:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Fifth wheels have the same problem. Our drain is undernieth near rear axle. The valve is reachable unless you have the slide open(which we always do at home), then you have to crawl under the slide to reach it. I carry a slip on adapter so I can hook it to a long water hose to drain. If it is just water, I direct it to a tree in the yard. If it is a strong bleach solution for disinfecting, I direct it to the drive so not to kill grass/plants. Our RV port has a gravel floor so I dont want the 50 gallons to just go under the trailer.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:22 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Just what is your suggestion to alleviate this horrible situation? Do you camp in the rain? If you wish to add a hose, do it. Then post pictures so we can do it too!

:&gt;

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:00 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I changed mine also. Did not like water dumping under MH. I put a hose conn. on the valve. made a 3/4"PVC pipe extention that extends just outside the compartment. There I have a 90Deg. elbow with another hose conn. Hook on hose and run where I want it too. The reason for the PVC pipe was to make it easier to conn. to valve. Can do this without crawling inside compartment. open/close valve using awning hook.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Location: Fulltiming. Living wherever the jacks hit the ground.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scooter:
troth:

We will occasionally fill the tank with a chlorine/water solution, let it sit for 4 to 6 hours and dump. Next step is to fill once again and drain to get rid of the residual chlorine.

How do you disinfect your fresh water tank? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't. Never have. At most I drain the water in the tank and add fresh. That's it.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:28 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I don't. Never have. At most I drain the water in the tank and add fresh. That's it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto. I drain all tanks & water heater after use. Never had an issue. Never needed sanitizing.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:40 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Ever had your water tested? My Owners Manual calls for a disinfecting procedure which I do about every six months, including the lines. Between procedures, I drain & replace water about once/month or more. Bugs grow, particularly in warm weather.

I also have a garden hose adapter; works but is very slow to drain.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote