Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

First Time out with new 2020 Minnie Plus and slide out issue

Just picked up my brand new 2020 Minnie Plus 29DDBH on Tuesday. It’s my first camper.

Got it out for the first time this weekend (just a few days old since we picked it up) and while checking things out underneath they it I noticed some damage on the underside of the kitchen slide out.

It has the schwintek system and on the one outside corner it feels a little soft and the roller was beginning to chew up through the black coating and the wood. It’s only on the one side. I put gorilla tape over the area in hopes it slows down any further damage.

Does this sound like water damage on the underside?

I live in MN and purchased it in Kansas. We really liked this floor plan and couldn’t find a new one anywhere else and that’s why we made the drive. I’m beginning to second guess my decision.

Is it better to bring it to the local Winnebago dealer (Lazydays in Ramsey MN) for warranty or tug it back to Kansas to the dealer? Winnebago in Indiana is actually closer if they can do repairs there too. Not sure how it works to have factory do warranty work.

I’m also only a couple hours from Lichtsinn in Forest River IA. Not sure if they repair towables. I can call them and see on Monday.

Would I be better off bringing it in after we are done this year, or use it some more next year and bring it in? My warranty should be good through July 21 2021.
Diesel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
welcome to the wonderful world of RVing, 2020 edition. so very sorry that this has happened to you but you're not alone.

the Winny factory warranty is...must be honored at any Winny authorized dealer. but...and like me in a former life it's a big but...a dealer is free to prioritize customers who bought their units from him first. this means you likely go to the back of the line.

strongly suggest you compose a list of whatever else you can find that is wrong and then make an appointment at the factory in Forest City, IA.

good luck.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 02:29 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
then make an appointment at the factory in Forest City, IA.
It's a towable - the factory is in Middlebury, Indiana, not Iowa. Only Motorized RVs are made and serviced in Forest City.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
It's a towable - the factory is in Middlebury, Indiana, not Iowa. Only Motorized RVs are made and serviced in Forest City.
ok, then make an appointment in Middlebury.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out