Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 09:45 PM   #41
Micro Minnie 2108 DS

We are getting a Furrion Wireless Camera System installed in our new 2108DS by our Dealer, Bill Plemmons RV in NC. They are going to mount it in place of the center overhead running light in back. No extra holes required!
Old 04-13-2018, 05:44 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclorite View Post
We are getting a Furrion Wireless Camera System installed in our new 2108DS by our Dealer, Bill Plemmons RV in NC. They are going to mount it in place of the center overhead running light in back. No extra holes required!
That's exactly how I mounted ours. Works great.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:45 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhfromme View Post
Love the mural posted on this thread. Does anyone have info on where to purchase one?
I believe the OP got it from Amazon.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:23 AM   #44
Winnebago Watcher

New to forum

Hello all, we just picked up our 2106FBS 2018 from lazy days in tampa and towed it back to Pensacola yesterday. 2015 Nissan Frontier V-6 with tow package. We down sized from a 40 ft Cedar creek 5th wheel and a Ford F-350 diesel. We are ordering weight dis hitch today. Towing back from Tampa sweet spot was about 64 mph averaged 12.7 mpg.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:05 AM   #45
Winnebago Owner

You drove all the way to Tampa to get the trailer? When we bought our 2106DS back in 2015, the Lazydays dealer in Tampa was not willing to quote me a price unless we were face to face. They must have realized they were missing out on a lot of business. Congrats on the trailer. If its as trouble free as ours, you will be very happy.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:10 AM   #46
Winnebago Watcher

re lazy days

I guess it depends on the sales person that you are working with. We spent several weeks doing the research after having decided on the make and model.The price advertised had little to do with the price out the door. We did 95% of the deal on line then went down to do a visual then sign papers. Since we had full timed in an RV ministry for 10 years we knew what we wanted. Think we will be very happy with the micro minnie!!
Old 04-18-2018, 10:25 PM   #47
Micro Minnie 2108 DS

Oil viscosity change for towing

Hi everyone,
My tow vehicle has a 7250 GVWR and we are going to be towing a 2108DS which will be about 4500 lbs loaded.
The question is whether I should keep the recommended 5w 20 oil or change it to 5w 30 for summertime towing?
Thanks for your help.
-Joe Clorite
Old 04-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #48
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclorite View Post
Hi everyone,
My tow vehicle has a 7250 GVWR and we are going to be towing a 2108DS which will be about 4500 lbs loaded.
The question is whether I should keep the recommended 5w 20 oil or change it to 5w 30 for summertime towing?
Thanks for your help.
-Joe Clorite
I would follow your owners manual recommendations. Because of regular towing I follow the severe operating recommendation which is to change the oil every 5K-7.5K miles as opposed to the normal schedule of following the sensor for roughly 7.5K to 10K miles. To make it easy I just use 5K. The same goes for any other checks or maintenance where I use the accelerated severe schedule.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:48 PM   #49
Winnebago Master

New Here

Just joined here, just learned of the Micro Minnie yesterday after seeing one on the road. Our main reason for wanting it is the low profile, are they really only 9'8" tall with AC? We have a 10 foot garage door which seriously limits our options and were looking at Airstream but not sure about spending that much. Also I think the Airstreams are even more limited as far as storage. Our present tow vehicle is serious overkill (F-350) but it is a great truck and we will use it at least to start out and maybe downsize later. Does anyone know how much height the 15K AC unit would add? Or is there a second hatch for a second AC? (I am an electrician so a 50 amp conversion is no problem) We live in the desert and need serious cooling.

The model we are interested in is the 2106FBS and can't wait till the dealership opens tomorrow as we haven't been inside one yet.

Thanks and really looking forward to some discussion on the micro.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #50
Winnie-Wise

We like our 2106FBS a lot. I think the height might be over 9'8" with the A/C. I didn't pull out a ladder but the height from the ground to the edge of the roof on ours is 8'4". The top of the curve adds another 4" for a total of 8'8". Just looking at the the A/C unit and its mounting I would say it adds at least another 18" to the height. If I get a chance this week I will pull out a ladder to see how much it adds but I think it will be very close to 10' if not a few inches over.

As to the A/C our came with the 13.5K. We haven't had it out in the middle of summer yet (we live in NC) but we did have it down to Florida for some mid-80's temperatures and it was able to make the trailer colder than we wanted. Based on this I suspect the 15K unit should be able to handle just about anything you can throw at it. Of course you live in that "dry heat" so it might not perform as well because of the lack of humidity (from someone who thinks 100+ degrees is too hot regardless of the humidity level).
Old 04-22-2018, 06:56 PM   #51
Winnebago Master

Thanks old_engineer, we actually went to look at one today, didn't realize the dealership was open Sundays. The height is not a problem but I forgot my ruler and couldn't measure the overall length with tongue and bumper/spare tire. I paced it off and it looks awful close to fitting in the garage which is a hair over 26 feet long. I emailed Winnebago with a request for more info.

At the dealership they only had the 2106DS which has the Murphy bed & dinette, more floor space when folded up and a couch pulls down in it's place but at the cost of 6" less mattress width, and I wonder about the comfort of the Murphy bed mattress?

What is your tow vehicle and hitch setup?
Old 04-23-2018, 06:17 AM   #52
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2106DS and live in Florida where we camp year round. I can't imagine needing a second A/C. If we crank it, our 15K unit will turn the trailer into a meat locker in the middle of summer. We have the old style fold up bed and not the new murphy bed. The mattress on ours is very good but from what I have heard, the mattress on the new murphy bed is one of the first things that gets replaced. We tow with a Tundra and an equalizer WDH. Sorry, never measured the height.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:49 AM   #53
Winnie-Wise

I use a 2015 F-150 2.7L Ecoboost for the TV. For a hitch I use an Equalizer. It handles well and has no problems with the 5% and 6% grades in the mountains we travel. We are nowhere near the max GVW of the trailer but I think we are at the practical limit to be able to keep our current performance and minimize excess wear and tear. If I were to go much over a loaded weight of 5K lbs I would trade in for a 3.5L although the math for my truck says 6900 lbs is the maximum.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #54
Winnebago Master

I went and looked at the 2108DS again, although it is 6" longer than the 2106 it doesn't really show up anywhere as roomier inside on the floor plan drawings, I think the extra 6" got taken up by the Murphy bed/couch combo. I noticed that the slide out on the 2106 is noticeably smaller than the 2108 with it's dinette. One thing we haven't seen is the folding table, how exactly does that work and is it comfortable to sit at for meals? Is there ample passage space thru the galley with the table in place? Our dealer does not have a 2106 in stock.

Thanks, Brian
Old 04-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #55
Winnebago Owner

We ditched the table that came with our 2106 and replaced it with a table that is about half the length of the original. We can then position the table between the front couch and the slide out couch for eating, playing cards, etc. It consumes a lot less space so it is convenient without being intrusive. We were really hesitant about the couch instead of the dinette when we bought but now that we have had it for a while I think we made the right decision for our needs. I do wish the jackknife couch was a little nicer but so it goes. One thing I like about the couch instead of the dinette is that the slide out is very shallow. I think this leads to fewer slide out problems since it does not have to support as much weight hanging out in space. Also the surface area on top is smaller and less of a water and debris collector. Of course YMMV
Old 04-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #56
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge-fl View Post
We ditched the table that came with our 2106 and replaced it with a table that is about half the length of the original. We can then position the table between the front couch and the slide out couch for eating, playing cards, etc. It consumes a lot less space so it is convenient without being intrusive. We were really hesitant about the couch instead of the dinette when we bought but now that we have had it for a while I think we made the right decision for our needs. I do wish the jackknife couch was a little nicer but so it goes. One thing I like about the couch instead of the dinette is that the slide out is very shallow. I think this leads to fewer slide out problems since it does not have to support as much weight hanging out in space. Also the surface area on top is smaller and less of a water and debris collector. Of course YMMV

I noticed that the slide was smaller too. The couch does not seem to be very comfortable, I wonder if two recliners could fit there?
Old 04-24-2018, 07:40 AM   #57
Winnie-Wise

FYI our 2106FBS is a touch under 23 ft long from coupler to spare tire.

I understand the quandary with dinette or no dinette. We had one in our previous trailer and it was one of main likes we had in the layout. However we don't like the Morris bed as our number one need, besides space, is a permanent walk around bed. There is also the additional under bed storage you get with the permanent bed which we need for longer trips. We have been using the table. When it is up and in use there is about 6 inches more space than when the slide is in. It can be a bit of a pain to bring out and put away behind the couch and there is no other place to store it easily and securely inside. It spends most of its time stowed as when the weather is nice we eat outside anyway or if we are using the trailer as mobile hotel room we tend eat out. It is fine for us height wise for eating or using the computer. We have talked about replacing the table with good quality TV tables if we can find something a bit larger than normal. I've also kicked around building some custom tables if my other projects list ever gets low enough to start something new. Standard TV tables just aren't large enough for a laptop, mouse and occasional standard keyboard. Having separate tables also makes it more convenient if one person wants to use a table but the other doesn't.

I find the couch comfortable. It is firm enough for us and it has plenty of length for me to layout and watch TV after my wife goes to bed. We won't ever use it as a bed so don't know what it is like from that perspective. I also don't know how it will hold up but as we aren't hard on stuff I suspect it will do just fine.

blue - What type of table did you go with?
Old 04-24-2018, 08:00 AM   #58
Winnebago Camper

The 2108DS has no storage under the bed but it has tons of storage under the dinette seats. It really comes down to personal preference. If you do want to eat and/or play cards in the camper make sure the 2106 table is the right height, etc. I can say from experience that the table in our Forest River TT was not the right height for meals. The Winnie table could be though. Not sure.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:16 AM   #59
Winnebago Owner

With my 2108DS I modified the bench storage by adding matched doors to the ends of the seats (facing the kitchen). This made for much easier access to the under seat storage. We just put the commonly used stuff near those doors. You should be able to order extra doors at the dealer's, framing out was easy to do from the back side and then cut the hole and sand the edges. Also we discovered that some storage can be found under the bed as the couch (when laid down) leaves about 8-10 inches of extra space that is not otherwise used.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:32 AM   #60
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_engineer View Post
FYI our 2106FBS is a touch under 23 ft long from coupler to spare tire.

blue - What type of table did you go with?
Here is the one we got.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Closed Thread