Old 08-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

An XRV10 Radio Question

A Jensen (ASA) XRV10 radio question. In my'19 Forza 34T, I have the Jensen XRV10 Radio/Camera/Blue Tooth unit. I checked the Owner's Manual and on-line and can find no information regarding connecting anything to the radio to make it a GPS monitor, not even my smart phone. So I contacted ASA. Yep. Their response was that this radio was not designed to be a GPS. Okay, no back-up camera (going forward), no CD or DVD player, no GPS capability. I'm trying to see the benefits in this radio unit compared to past models. Any ideas?
Old 09-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have the same head unit, and the only way to make it a GPS is to use the MHL/HDMI connection and hook to a smart phone. I agree it is a little underpowered for these units.
clduke72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

You can actually monitor back-up camera going forward with the Jensen. Unfortunately, my MH is not here. But it can be done without having to modify anything, just a normal operation.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

To add the camera view while driving, I just select source and then camera. The audio that I have selected at the time stays on but the screen will show the camera so you can check on your trailer or toad as you drive. I agree with your overall assertion that this unit is less capable than it should be at the price point of our rigs..
Old 09-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

You can have the XVR10 display simply mirror the smart phone display. Most installs of the XVR10 do not have the required HMDI to smart phone cable installed. To do this you will need to get access to the rear of the XVR10 (this is typically done by removing the RV manufacturer-specific bezel). Purchase the appropriate phone to HDMI cable and plug into the XVR10 HDMI port. From the function screen you select the HDMI feature and perform any necessary steps to mirror the phone screen - I have not done this yet but plan to in the near future. This should all be pretty straight forward. ONE MAJOR CAVEAT... This mode only works with the Parking Brake applied. Yes, the XVR10 has a "feature" that will prevent use of the HDMI input when the Parking Brake is released - awesome, right? There is a Parking Brake connection in the XVR10 wiring and I will determine how to override this "feature" when I pull the bezel off. Most likely it will be to simply disconnect the Parking Brake connection or to wire it to a +12v source (key in the "on" position) or ground.
sierraryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I recently added the HDMI converter to my XRV-10 and it doesn't seem to be very reliable. I've tried several different apps for my Samsung, but I can't get reliable connections. Seems like an app issue, but like I said I've tried several. Be interested to see if anyone has had success using this feature.
clduke72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, v10