Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-31-2020, 08:19 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I use a HDMI to USB connector for my Samsung S8 phone to connect to the XVR radio. Then I downloaded an app on my phone to get it all to work. It is a bit flakey and unreliable to get a connection but once the connection is active it works well.
clduke72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:03 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Yes, your Note 9 is a usb-c connection (not a micro-usb connector) - the end of your charge cord that plugs into your phone is a usb-c connector. This is the product title on Amazon that will work for your phone "Multiport Adapter for MacBook Pro/MacBook air, Portable Type C to 4K HDMI,with USB 3.0, PD Charging,for Samsung DEX Mode S10/9/8/Note8/9, iMac/iPad/MacBook Pro/MacBook Air(Space Gray)
Brand: MASON". When you pull up this product there will be other alternatives listed (manufacturers/prices) just pick one that has good reviews and at a price point you want. In addition to this or similar adapter you'll need an HDMI cable to go from the adapter to the back of the radio. With Android devices you have two modes of operation. One is simply "mirroring" you phone screen - this mode requires nothing but the adapter and HDMI cable - and controlling what is displayed on the radio is done using the phone. The second mode is using the radio's touch screen to control the phone app that is being used - to do this you'll need to download the Jensen HDMI/MHL Connect app and follow the install/usage instructions (see page 27-28 of the XRV10 user manual). You can test the "mirroring" mode by purchasing an adapter/HDMI cable and connecting it to the HDMI port on your TV or the TV in your MH. Hope this helps.
sierraryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:40 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Have any of you Android users had success using the XRV10 touchscreen to control the phone? I'm in the Apple camp and this isn't possible with an iPhone...I still have to fiddle around with my little phone screen. Not ideal.
CoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:57 AM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you all

First I'd like to thank you all for having a discussion involving this unit. This is pretty much the only information I've been able to find concerning it besides copies of the user manual. My father in-law just purchased a new RV and I'm trying to setup his phone to it. He's got a new note 20 and we have the usb-c>hdmi adapter. As far as I can tell there is no "Jensen HDMI/MHL Connect app" in the play store like the manual says. When you search for it all you get are numerous 3rd party hdmi/mhl apps or if you search on the web, 3rd party sdk sites say they have it but those are usually questionable. Do you need this app to allow the touch screen functionality to work from the unit and has anyone else gotten this to work? I appreciate any help in advance, thank you.
blaviddobrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:57 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

It's a bit hard to remember and my unit is stored away for winter now, but I believe that the Samsung OS has the software needed to interface. It's a PIA because you need to hook everything up in an exact sequence, from my experience, to make it work.
clduke72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:19 AM   #26
Adventurer 27N

I have the xrv10. I have installed hdmi cable and ground the parking brake. Can't find the Jensen HDMI/MHL app anywhere. Are there others that work?
Scott W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:34 AM   #27
Site Team

According to the manual it’s only needed for Android phones, it’s in the Google Play store and you search for “Jensen HDMI/MHL Connect”.

Also, I updated the link to the manual that I had posted awhile ago.

https://asasupportdocs.blob.core.win...l_20161221.pdf
Old 01-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott W View Post
I have the xrv10. I have installed hdmi cable and ground the parking brake. Can't find the Jensen HDMI/MHL app anywhere. Are there others that work?
I gave up after taking the radio out to hook it up thru the hdmi to USBc to my galaxy note 9 couldn't get much more thru the app that I used than the screen to mirror my phone and running a few basic things but couldn't get anything to display like Google maps, etc. I wasn't sure I'd use it anyway unless I was able to get another screen hooked up for the cameras. Not a big loss though I can use the cable to hook up my phone to the TVs in my MH to play downloaded movies, etc.
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:01 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

looking to disable parking brake safety interlock

I just this morning installed the HDMI to lightning adapter to enable display on my iPhone screen to the XRV10 display... seemed simple, removed the dash bezel, and slid the radio out, plugged in the HMDI adapter, and reassembled the dash on my 2019 Sforza 34T... powered up the radio selected HDMI and BAM! phone screen displayed! selected Google maps driving app to demo a navigation app and popped the parking brake... RED warning message told me I couldn't view any video while driving!!! ARGH.

So, thanks to this thread I know I need to disconnect and ground the pink wire.

I put the RV back in storage - I'll verify next weekend!

Joe
Jrampey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, v10