Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-27-2022, 06:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

beeping in winnebago

Help! We have a 2007 winne sightseer 26p. Occasionally we get an ongoing beeping coming from under the sink cabinet. It is NOT any low battery in any smoke/co detectors. Tore apart the back wall of sink base. The furnace, water heater are there & a black box attached to the floor. Really think the beeps are coming from the box. It'll go on for an hour then stop at random times (maybe 4am). At wits end. It's really frustrating. The box has circuit diagrams on it but no display or light. It's not really accessible but we're convinced it's the source of the beeping. Thanks for any ideas, we're sleepless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1626.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	181817  
terese223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:35 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

That would seem to match this item but at this point, I am not sure what the function or how to go further.

https://www.amazon.com/Intellitec-00.../dp/B00ODIQ2VQ

Does your owners manual mention this item and alarms?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Found some info but unsure what to do with the trouble other than I can suggest how to kill the beep?

This seems to be a newer/different item we used to call a load shedder but is now likely to be solid state inside.

Basic idea is that it lets you run the microwave OR the electric water heating but not both at the same time?
So if you want to fully kill this item, it will likely kill both those uses. To kill it, one might try tripping the breaker at the load center as marked?

Click this drawing for a better view!

But since that is pretty drastic, maybe first do some looking at what the alarms means and there may be a better cure. Like turning off the elctric water heating if there is an option?

I'm not familiar with that item, so a check of the book is far more reliable!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ems.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	181820  
Old 01-27-2022, 09:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Page 4-9 of owners manual referrs you to the manual for the EMS (electrical management system) for info on what it is doing and possible info on alarms?
Old 01-27-2022, 10:12 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Or maybe call Intellitec and ask them what the beep is.

Intellitec
1485 Jacobs Rd.
Deland, FL 32724
386.738.7307 / 1.800.251.2408
FAX 386.734.4013
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:12 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks

Appreciate all the help. I've sent a message to intellitec hope they can help.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

After doing some checking of the manual online and looking at the oepration, I might have to drop back and ask if it is actually the part which is beeping!
It appears to be a very simple item with no lights nor alarms which brings the question of it being possible something else is beeping or does killing the breaker feeding it stop the beeping?

Manual here:
http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...-00714-100.pdf

CO, fire, or propane detectors come to mind first? Jacks down alarms? Awning alarm?
Old 01-31-2022, 02:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks

Intellitec says it’s not capable of beeping. The only other things in that space are part of the furnace & the water heater, both of which are working fine. I’ll look more closely at the manual.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

The propane detector has a 10 year life on it and once it hits that time it begins to initiate a beep that it is time to replace. I had to hunt down the annoying little beep as well.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:56 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Sounds are kind of weird and a number of us can vouch for them being hard to track down, making us really feel for you!
Tracking a sound under my dash made me get so frustrated that I went to something so old it has been mostly forgotten! An old mechanic trick is to use something to limit the directions from which the sound waves can come to our ear.

One way to do that is to close one ear with a finger and then put something like a funnel over the other ear with the small point out. As we turn that small point around, we can sometimes get much louder when we are pointing it toward the sound!

If this is a sound that is steady enough to find it, this might be worth a try?

You may look goofy but who cares ---as long as they aren't there to watch!

Maybe a more "science based" idea would be that it is an electrical beep?
So if one were to go to the breakers and flip each off to see if one breaker does kill the beep, would that tend to isolate the problem?
If you are able to find one breaker or fuse which turns off the beeping, then they do list online some pretty good electrical wiring diagrams for your RV year that we could use to trace out what equipment is fed by that one breaker?

One of the more common complaints on odd beeps are the detectors for CO, propane, and fire but one folks miss is an alarm for wind sensors for an awning if you have one of those. It seems like it is often outside and out of mind!

I happened to see a sat. dish option on some of your model. Do you happen to have one and it might have an alarm on it?
Old 02-02-2022, 04:03 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by neub View Post
The propane detector has a 10 year life on it and once it hits that time it begins to initiate a beep that it is time to replace. I had to hunt down the annoying little beep as well.
This is what you need to check. There is also an indicator light on it that will help tell you. It is not like a smoke alarm, there is no battery. You have to replace the unit. Very easy to do, and they sell them on Amazon.

Been there, done that.
Magnum108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 05:06 PM   #12
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

And the answer is?

I have a 2008 sight. I’d love to know what the fix was. I suspect the propane/gas detector.

BTW, Sounds do not always come from where you think. I got a call from my sister and she heard a sound coming from an old telephone box on the wall. Everything she tried wouldn’t shut it up. Finally decided to cut into the wall. Fortunately, just before she did my niece realized the sound was coming from one of her moving boxes (moving out). Turns out one of her board games with an electronic part was going off. 10 feet away from where they “knew” the sound was coming from.

Like I said “ Sounds do not always come from where you think”
Old 02-02-2022, 05:25 PM   #13
Winnie Owner

Load sharing/transfer switch

Your picture seems to match up with this component:

Part number: 00-00714-000

Description:
Intellitec's Automatic Energy Select Switch (AESS) is designed to be used in RVs to share the power available from a single circuit breaker between two large loads(up to 20 amps). The AESS applies power to both appliances until the primary load draws current. It then removes power from the secondary load to prevent the circuit breaker from being overloaded.

https://intellitec.com/products/#pow...rgy-management
jarnarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:20 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

The Intellitec makes no sound, as has already been said. It senses when the microwave is drawing more than the amount of power the fan and/or light use (around 100 watts) and in this condition it removes power from the hot water heater electric heating element. Automatically reconnects the hot water heating element when the microwave power draw drops back down to less than 100 watts. Why? With only 30 amps making sure the hot water heater and microwave can't draw full power at the same time reduces the chances of tripping the 30 amp pedestal breaker or the 30 amp breaker in the RV breaker box.

One thing that for sure will beep is the propane detector mounted low. It keeps track of how much time it has had 12 volts applied to it and when that time hits 10 years it starts to beep. You can silence the beep with the test button a couple of times for 30 days. After that you have to replace it.

I suggest you try removing the 2 screws and pulling it out to access the 12 volt connector. Unplug the connector and see what happens. Be sure to secure the connector so it does not fall back into the space behind the hole, creating a problem where you have to try to fish it back out.

Good luck.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago