Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-10-2023, 10:09 PM   #1
Jim

New to RV life and RV's 2014 Adventurer 35P

Hello, we are new to both owning and living in an RV. We purchased our used 2014 Adventurer 35P and have been remodeling a bit to make it more modern and comfortable for us. It's just the two of us, Jim and Jody as we travel for my wife's PTA jobs in the non snowy area's and come home to the PNW for the summers. We have been learning as we go and have at times been a bit overwhelmed. I'm hoping we can find advice and some friendly contacts here.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 10:57 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Jim & Jody,
The 35P looks like a good size for full-timing (brochure.) Sometimes, the on-line Owner's Manual can be handy for quick <Ctrl/F> searches.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-12-2023, 10:51 AM   #3
Jim

Thanks I'm hoping we can find expertise and camaraderie here.

So far we like the amount of space inside. We picked it for that reason above most. It's just the two of us, no pets and no non-paying customers or at least so rare as to say none.
The experience of being very new to owning an RV has been daunting to say the least. Very little in the way of drivers training, in our area anyway, so we resorted to an online course and just went for it and killed a few cones in a big empty parking lot. Very little info out there on what you need to know as full timers, or in our case extended part timers, for daily living but by trail and error we've managed a couple of shake down stays. Next month will be our maiden extended voyage, not quite the voyage of the RV's namesake ship from Magellan's fleet but still a ways from home.
Old 09-12-2023, 01:18 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi Jim,
I would think the big rules are to watch-out for tail-swing and to not travel above the speed limit (or the suggested speed limit.) That was a great idea to practice with cones. I wonder if your Victoria looks anything like Magellan's Victoria? I must sadly admit that my Eagle5 doesn't look too much like the Eagle5 on Spaceballs.
Thanks, Eagle5

Click image for larger version

Name:	08.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	187277
Old 09-12-2023, 04:06 PM   #5
Jim

No I don't think it does lol but I bet the length isn't far off! And I'm pretty sure they weren't towing a Jeep either lol We've made some changes to the interior so it doesn't look a lot like the video but we think it's better, for us anyway

Tags
vent, adventurer