Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2021, 09:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New to my Pops, 2004 Itasca Spirit 29'

Hello everyone,

Complete and total newbie RVer but can't wait to really get going next year. Pops just bought a used 2004 Itasca Spirit 29' and I've been assigned as the default 'Make sure everything works right' guy.

Pretty excited about possibilities next year but really concentrating on making sure winterization is done correctly before the snow hits here in Southern Michigan.

So far I have drained all the water lines and water heater. Used the water pump to add RV antifreeze to the lines, and also the grey/black tanks. I have the cabinets and fridge open. I have desiccant in there. Propane tank is shut off. Just received my TryLynx blocks to get the wheels up off the concrete. I have shore power connected to my house. Wheel covers will go on tomorrow. A full cover should be shipping hopefully next week.
Mitten Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:03 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Mitten,
It sounds like you are getting it winterized well. Here is the brochure for the 29B, and you can find manuals and diagrams here. In addition to what you are doing, I also add a water-shedding cover over the roof area of my body cover. I am hoping for an early spring and a wonderful camping season.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 11-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Eagle5 for those links... those are great ! It'll help me track down the coax wiring issue that I think I have from the previous owner.
Mitten Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Some small points to check?
One is that there is often a bit of waste water left in the holding tanks when we drain them and it can collect at some low point, so I like to add a cup or more of pink to them as way to further protect them as it is a really expensive bummer to find it did not work!

Poured some in each trap on all the inside drains?

One point that might be missed is looking at the small filter on the water pump to see if it has pink or if it still has water in it to freeze?

On batteries, be aware that many Rv do not have any method to keep the start battery from running down due to things like radio presets or ignition items which may draw power even when a battery disconnect is turned off. Be aware that connecting to power will let the converter charge coach but not start unless there is an added item to make it happen. Check battery water several times while stored to make sure they are not going dry!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca