Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2023, 08:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Where does microphone wire go? 2022 Spirit 22R

My 2022 Spirit 22R has a black microphone connected to the hand grip on the driver door frame. I've seen a couple of posts here about that. So, I see that it is official. I'm the second owner and I had guessed that the previous owner installed it since he did a lot of YouTube videos about this RV.

I'm wondering where the wire goes. It's behind the rubber gasket going down the door frame. I assumed it went to the back of the Ford Sync dash panel. But, while troubleshooting a problem with the right-hand outside mirror, it looks like I found the wire over on the passenger side! It sure looks like the same wire. On that side, it comes down from behind the dash and goes under the bottom of the door frame plastic and is heading back into the house. Weird. The wire stands out because it is too taut and could easily be broken by the passenger's feet.

I'll attach a photo of the passenger side and the wire. I freed it from being routed around a wire harness, which was pulling it taut, but now it is really in the way of the passenger's feet.

Thanks for any help and insights.
==Leonard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wire in passenger well.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	821.0 KB
ID:	186764  
lsitongia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 12:07 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Leonard,
That seems to be the same microphone wire I have in my 2019 22M. On mine, it is a very long wire and it comes out from under the dash and over the top of the dog-house. It looks like the prior owner routed it down UNDER your cab to come-up the driver's-side A pillar. The normal thing for this microphone is to be clipped to the driver's lapel, and the long length of wire allows it to be passed back into the dinette area.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-26-2023, 03:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I might be very slow to say those are the same wire as the drawings seem to show several, some to the right and some to the left but all going to the back of the radio, etc.

Have you taken a look at this drawing for info?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000173582.pdf

I might think there are small wires going to each outside camera as well as rear and also a mike wire, os spottoing what look s like the same wire, may actually be a different wire when spotted on left than what we might find on right?
Mike wire going to the rear of radio, while camera wires go three places but start at the camera switcher?

Very disappointing install if that is OEM routing??
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 06:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

To my knowledge, there are two microphones in many coaches: One for the bluetooth stereo for hands free phone use. The other would be for the backup camera that often has a speaker and microphone to communicate with a helper out back. Yours attaches to the stereo, so that answers that question. My backup camera has a built in microphone and small speaker at both ends, not a wired one.
Grandparippr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 06:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2021 22M and I’m fairly certain it doesn’t have a microphone for the backup camera. Although I do like the idea of that. Like Mr. Eagle pointed out, the wire for the hands free function is fairly long. A big shout out to @Eagle5 for letting me know the microphone should be clipped to my shirt. I’ve been scratching my head since we got it thinking where it should go!
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 08:36 PM   #6
Site Team

Hi Ron & Cindy,
On my 2019 22M, the built-in speaker microphone feature just didn't work very well. Hopefully, your 2021 version works well.
What I have been using instead is this:
Besign BK06 Bluetooth 5.0 in Car Speakerphone with Visor Clip
It is fairly inexpensive at $28, and it works well.
Thanks, Eagle5
Click image for larger version

Name:	speaker.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	186802