Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-09-2023, 09:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Smile What Should I pay for a 2023 Minnie Winnie 31K?

Hi,
We are shopping for a new 2023 Minnie Winnie 31K and am wondering what sort of discount on the MSRP people have been getting. Any info you can provide we would appreciate…. Thanks!
SpiritLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 10:33 AM   #2
Site Team

What should I pay for a 31K?

Greetings SpiritLife,
I thought I would try the official Winnebago Web Site to see what it shows for a Minnie Winnie 31K. I found a price of $180,803 for a 2024 model. RV Trader shows a 2024 31K for $120,276 (that is in Ohio.)
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 12-09-2023, 01:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Just as a word of warning for those who may not have thought about it before?
RV sales are not all that much different than car sales except they have far more options that may change the pricing and value much more than we find on cars.

When shopping for cars, it is very easy to look at two cars setting across the street from each other and think the lower priced is obviously the better value. But that is only true if the two cars are actually the same with the same options on each.
That is rarely true in cars and even less true in RV as there are so many different options which are often not in the open where we can see them.

If you truly want to get best value, you have to dig much deeper when RV shopping than car shopping.
If you do not get the spec sheet listing each option for each RV, there is very little chance that you are able to judge the two correctly.

For instance, looking at the 23 31k models do you get the chassis wiring option 16G or does it have option 16Y?
What's the difference and how much does it matter? I have no idea but it could be critical things like whether it is wired for a trailer hitch? I consider that a critical item as we often towed cars or boat trailers! Other folks may never care if they never use a trailer??
One of the points I've found in living in different parts of the country is that what dealers consider vital in Minnesota may be thought of as silly in Texas! A dealer here in Central Texas acted like I was a complete fool when I asked about heated tanks!

The point is that it takes extreme care to get the RV that best fits what YOU want!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 03:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Currently, it is a buyers' market. I would do a nationwide search using RV Trader just to get a feel for what the specific model you are looking for sells for.

The next challenge is to find a good dealer you can work with. Unlike the automotive industry, not all dealers will provide warranty work to a unit they didn't sell.

Even if you are buying a brand-new unit I would highly recommend a third-party inspection. When I was buying my Class C we found two at a dealer. They were nearly identical, except one looked like it was built on a Monday by a relief crew. The other had a much better fit and finish and fewer noticeable issues.

Take your time and do your due diligence. Don't be afraid to walk away if the deal doesn't feel right.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 05:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I found a dealer that lists their RVs for sale online here, that shows both the MSRP and their advertised price. This gives you at least one data point on what dealer invoice must be compared to Winnebago MSRP prices.

This one is advertised at 25 % discount off of the Winnebago MSRP. The 31K has options and not all for sale will have the same MSRP. You might want to figure out what options you want and what the MSRP with those options would be. Then you can send written request for quotes to the dealers you are willing to drive to for a purchase to see if you can get a similar discount in your area.

When Camping World used to sell Winnebago motorized they best advertised prices they used to show online was in this same range of 25-26 % off.

Good luck.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 06:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

When doing remote shopping, there is a big advantage now over earlier days.
In the digital world, there should be no excuse for the dealers to not e-mail you the specs sheet for their specific RV that they are selling. That sheet will list every option on that specific RV.
What having that sheet of info on hand will let you do is look for the differences.

If shopping the warm territory, you may find a cheap price is due to lack of winter set up. How much that changes the value to you then depends on your thoughts, not what a dealer may try to blow past you in a quick sales pitch!

You may not know what ALL the items even mean when you see them on the list but it does give you a chance to find out!

Keep in mind there are no dealers in business to help YOU! If you don't force them to tell you the truth and nothing but the truth?
They likely won't!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote