Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-30-2023, 09:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Burglar alarm for 2024 View V?

New to the motor home, I purchased a 2024 View V, Has the Sprinter chassis.
I would like to purchase an alarm system, what system is available and where to purchase. I would like to install myself.
Thanks for your help.
Jacroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 05:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Jacroom,
We do not have any recent threads on Alarm Systems for motorhomes. I looked on Amazon, and I am not seeing anything that is Jiffy Pop easy. Perhaps you could go to a car audio place who also does alarms? Perhaps something that ties into a Smart Phone?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 11-30-2023, 06:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I use this system, https://www.amazon.com/KERUI-Securit...s%2C149&sr=8-4 you can buy different packages and ala carte parts to fit your needs. The siren works off a 12 volt wall adapter but you can cut the wire and wire it to your 12 volt RV battery. I have 2 sirens, 1 n the fridge compartment and the other one I kept as a plug in and I use it when I am at a motel so I'll hear it in my room. You can have both sirens sound at the same time. I wired up plugs so I can plug my sirens into the vehicle battery or the wall transformer as needed.

I used the little door sensors on the motorhome and when I travel in one of my trucks/cars I take the motion sensors with me. I have magnets glued onto them and I can put them inside the camper shell and under the hood, and another on the console. Some folks put them under the car to protect their catalytic converters, there's a video out there showing how to do that with this system.

I also rigged up a blinking red LED by the windshield that I can switch on and off. That alone will make a thief think twice.
The only drawback to this system is it does not notify you of an alarm event, just the siren but that's good enough for me.
Old 12-01-2023, 01:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

bigb/Brian that sounds like a complete system for sure. I suspect an electronics gadget guy can build a WiFi system to mesh with yours if they wanted to send notifications via email..
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 04:54 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Kerui make some WIFI/GSM systems. I have used one for years. Check on E-Bay.

Their PIR motion sensors works well to protect catalytic converters.

You can get low cost SIM cards for the GSM, They will last a long time if you don't play around with the system. It's nice to get a Text when there is an alarm. My old system will send to 5 different numbers.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 06:07 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

a more comprehensive solution I use

https://www.tattletale.com/home-security-system/

Best it works on Cellular
Noah4448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 03:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I have a question for you folks that have alarms installed. Lets say you are gone for the day and your system gets activated at 10a.m.. The sirens are going the lights are flashing etc. Does the rest of the rv park get to hear this until you folks get back home?

Just curious on how system works, I have my stick house set up with Brinks so know the app on smart phone will let me know whats happening. I do not think I can turn it off from far away.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 06:31 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
I have a question for you folks that have alarms installed. Lets say you are gone for the day and your system gets activated at 10a.m.. The sirens are going the lights are flashing etc. Does the rest of the rv park get to hear this until you folks get back home?

Just curious on how system works, I have my stick house set up with Brinks so know the app on smart phone will let me know whats happening. I do not think I can turn it off from far away.
It only sounds for 1 minute then resets. Also, hardly ever use it unless I am parked somewhere that I am not familiar with, like maybe a parking lot at Walmart while we are inside the store. We don't use it when camped at an RV park. It's just to make noise and scare off anyone who might be hanging out watching for an opportunity like they do, they watch you park and go into the store and they know they have a little time before you return.
Old 12-10-2023, 03:07 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Thanks "bigb" makes sense now
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view