Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

TV Digital Antenna help?

Hi, My wife and I are new to RV'ing and have just purchased a 2018 Vista LX. Very excited and a bit overwhelmed but we are learning new things about the operation daily. Our first multiple day trip is in 10 days. Starting to get comfortable with how everything works. However, we're having a little trouble with the TV digital antenna. The manual indicates that we should have a digital antenna power switch located in a "cabinet" somewhere(?) That energizes the system before the the antenna itself is turned on. We've looked inside and out and can't seem to locate it. The TV's, antenna power, remotes all seem to work fine.We can't energize the system to route the signal to the monitors. Any clue of where this switch might be located would greatly be appreciated. Signed: A Newbie!
tnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome!

I assume you are looking for the antenna booster switch, it’s used to amplify signals from the antenna, you will only want it on when viewing over the air signals, it will cause issues if you are trying to watch cable TV signals.

On my Vista, the switch is inside of the cabinet over the front passenger seat. Open the cabinet door and just inside the door On the right hand side is a black wall plate, the switch is a little push button (it’s pretty tiny) that turns on the booster. A light on mine glows green when engaged.

Let me know of you need more, I can run out to the coach and take a couple pics if needed
Old 09-09-2020, 04:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

We have the drop down bed over the captains chairs. Climbed up there and there is no switch up there either. We are at a loss as to where to find it. Any other ideas would be most appreciated.
Panichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:25 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panichols View Post
We have the drop down bed over the captains chairs. Climbed up there and there is no switch up there either. We are at a loss as to where to find it. Any other ideas would be most appreciated.
It should be easy to find. Look at the coax cable leading into your TV. Now watching that line...trace it out with your hand gliding over it, until you see it enter a cabinet...and THAT is where the coax cable hookups will be. On that panel, in which they sit..as the other gentleman stated..is is a very tiny push switch, barely 1/3 the size of your forefinger print...and only sits above the surface when NOT pressed in..about 1/4 to 1/8 inch! As he stated, a green light (LED) next to the switch will light if the button is pushed in, and HOLDS in. If you don't see the LED bulb light up...even though the switch is pushed in...that might indicate a bad switch. Very RARE for that to happen though..but just follow the TV in coax to wherever it is coming from....
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

This might help. I apologize for the poor quality of the pics, my slides are in right now so not a ton of room to drop the bunk and get in with camera.

I’ve attached two pics that might help. The first is with the cabinet door open taken from me laying on the drop down bunk (with the safety net slightly in the way so I can’t get the door all the way open). I’ve circled the wall plate in the pic.

The second is a close up of the wall plate and the button circled. If you look at the pic you can see the label on the plate showing the button in to turn on and put to turn off, hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1E13FE6E-F798-4942-9E7B-DFFAFB52F86F.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	403.5 KB
ID:	174927   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCF673F3-B3D4-4ABD-BC67-CE4BCD5F7974.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	174928  

Old 09-09-2020, 04:55 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

This is one where it is in different locations for different length, so what do you have? With the needed info there are drawings to locate the correct part here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
However if they are hard to access, just post up the exact info and we can look for you.
If you have the 32 foot, it appears that you have a different system entirely, so what you have exactly matters a whole bunch!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

On my trailer I think it's by the antenna itself.

Tags
antenna