Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-07-2022, 12:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Red face Spare Tire - 2018 Intent

Hello everyone, I'm an RV Newbie and trying to locate my spare tire. I've looked in all my manuals and underneath as far as I can see, but no luck finding it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

v/r,

Melody
TheLoveNest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 01:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hello and welcome to the forum. The Intent won't have a spare. When you travel you will want to consider Roadside Assistance protection. If needed, they will bring the tire to you and change it out as necessary. Safe travels!
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 10:13 PM   #3
Site Team

Not only will you not find a spare, but also any tire changing gear nor instructions on how to do so. This is standard procedure with Class A motorhomes.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

A slightly different topic, but how many of you with Class A have considered just carrying a spare tire so one is available for road side assistance to use, I haven't done that yet, but considering it, if I have storage space.
Sullivanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 08:29 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivanclan View Post
A slightly different topic, but how many of you with Class A have considered just carrying a spare tire so one is available for road side assistance to use, I haven't done that yet, but considering it, if I have storage space.
Too big and too heavy for a long shot maybe. No way.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:30 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I've considered it. But like Creativepart said; it's too big (takes too much space) and too heavy (I'm old and lazy). When you call your road service for assistance, tell them you have no spare. They will most likely bring a new tire and mount it on the same wheel with the bad tire there at your motor home.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

i actually just made a spare tire mount for my vectra.i figure if i'm out in the middle of nowhere and have a flat i would rather change it myself as wait hours for road service to show up..
catmandoo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 11:48 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivanclan View Post

Good idea for driving to Alaska, but in the lower 48 not so much IMO. The tire will age-out just like it was running on the vehicle, which requires it be replaced even if never been mounted on a rim.
FWIW, we've driven to Alaska and the Canadian maritimes, we never did see a MH with a tire problem either trip. Travel trailers, yes several tire problems on both trips.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 05:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

ray i have to agree,way more trailers with tire issues.but then again you see the crap tires they put on em from the factory.nephew bought a new tandem axle 30 ft trailer,first year was fine second year blew 2 tires and the other 2 were wore out and ready to blow.doubt they had 2000 miles on em..
catmandoo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 05:27 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I have wondered about spares. I do have a spare on my new-to-me 2005 voyage 33v, I crawled under and added a tpms, but did not get the date - it may be pretty old as are the rest of my tires (2016 vintage). I have no cracking on the outside, they were kept well covered, but I've started pricing new tires. The spare has a crank down and folding ramp like a car. I have all the stock tools, but no jack I can find.