Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-25-2021, 12:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Atlanta Area Dealer Advice

Hi!
We are new to these forums but not new to owning an RV.
We are considering ordering a new 2021/22 Winnebago Adventurer 29B.
We live in the north Atlanta suburbs and wonder what your experience has been (positive + negative) with specifically Winnebago sales, ordering and more importantly service/warranty work with these 5 dealers. If you want to share any other helpful information, we love to hear it.
Thanks for your advice!

1. CAMPING WORLD RV SALES OF WOODSTOCK
(Woodstock)
2. CAMPERS INN RV OF ATLANTA-ACWORTH
(Woodstock)
3. RV WORLD OF GEORGIA
(Buford)
4. NATIONAL INDOOR RV CENTERS
(Lawrenceville)
5. BOB LEDFORD'S RV & MARINE INC.
(Greer, SC)
GA Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We bought our Minnie Winnie from RV World in 2018. Purchase was a decent experience. We bought from dealer inventory so no idea about ordering. We also have not had to return for any warranty work, etc. I do the service and issue that could've been warranty was the convertor died in summer 2019. I didn't even check warranty, just ordered replacement from bestconvertor.com and replace myself.
blifsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:39 PM   #3
Site Team

The super easy answer to this is NIRVC. They are quickly becoming the number one RV dealer and service and storage location in the country. They have dealerships in Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix and Las Vegas and are planning on adding more in the next year or so.

They added Winnebago about the time that WBGO bought Newmar because they were such a huge Newmar dealer.

Do a search on www.irv2.com about NIRVC and you'll see it's very highly recommended.

I have not bought from them, but they did complete a major body work job on my RV and did really great work. If there is one complaint about them is that they are so hugely popular and sold so many RVs that they can get booked up. But they try very hard to communicate their schedule and then back that up.

The owner of NIRVC posts on irv2.com and is known to intervene in any issue that arises.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:11 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I found the best information on Yelp.com for RV dealers and RV service businesses. Unfortunately the good dealer may not have the RV you want to buy. I know that it is best to plan to arrrive in the area 3 days or more in advance so you have enough time to check out the RV completely and test out all the systems and have any fixes or changes made well in advance.

I also found that the RV dealers are not nearly as tightly regulated as the new car and truck dealers and our dealer took the deposit and never sent us a complete build out sheet or a sales agreement in advance. We were screwed by Guaranty in Oregon but when we were staying at a hotel during the pandemic our ability to get the dealer to live up to the deal was gone entirely. In retrospect we should have gotten our deposit back and booked a flight back to California.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We ordered!

We have ordered our new 2022 Adventurer 29B from NATIONAL INDOOR RV CENTERS.
Looking forward to our new RV hopefully by July.
Now we have to figure out the timing of selling our 2016 Thor Axis. We’d like to enjoy it for a few more months but know the demand is probably greater before kids get out of school.
Thanks for everyone’s responses!
GA Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, dealer