Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2023, 01:02 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Looking closer, that must be your transfer switch? Not the power shedding? Is that cord going out at the bottom right the shore power cord and has it been cleaned up and redone before checking the washer?

If not, I would assume (dangerous, huh? ) that there is one side of the power cord open at this point! No need to worry the washer if power is not getting past this point!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 07:05 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by armullis59 View Post
1. Already tried that
2. Question: Main breaker at the panel under the bed or outside on the power pole?
3. Moving the wire might happen to test your theory. The EMS Panel on the wall says both the Washer and Dryer circuits are "ON".
Your coach main breaker is the one I am considering.

Murphy's Law may be at play here. If you swap the washer and dryer wires and the washer works but not the dryer it could be the breaker or one of the splice connectors from the breaker to the washer outlet. They are indicated in your wiring diagrams.
You give me confidence that you can handle this by your responses. I feel you could save yourself a bunch of money if you replaced your ATS yourself. I see on Amazon many choices but the prices have gone very high since I bought mine. The biggest problem with replacing a ATS is working with the wire. It is not user friendly.
I wired plugs and outlets on the in and out of my ATS. If/when it fails I simply move the plug to by-pass it. I loose access to the generator but at least I have shore power.
One of the biggest causes of ATS failure is loose connections at the terminals. I recommend all folks with ATS's check the tightness of the terminal screws when the coach is new to them and then once a year or so depending on how much use it gets.
Hope you figure this problem out soon. It will be interesting to know the fix.
Rick
Old 09-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Post #1 says OP replaced the transfer switch. Picture in #17 is the damaged transfer switch contactors. The damaged contactor is the one with the shore cable wires on it. It looks like the neutral was where the overheating happened which makes it plausible that if it opened up there was a higher than normal voltage on some of the branch circuits.

Someone who is qualified can do some troubleshooting in the electrical box to see if there is good 120 VAC present on the output terminals of the EMS dryer and washer connections on the EMS power module in the electrical box.

If there is, then the wires could be frogged to see what happens (that is does the problem move from the washer to the dryer?). The chances of the wiring between the electrical box and the washer outlet suddenly going bad is near zero, though.

P.S. While someone qualified is in the elctrical box, they should check to make sure all the wire connections are solid, in particular the hots and neutral for the romex that is feeding the washer outlet.

Good luck.
powercat_ras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 03:10 PM   #24
Veteran RV Owner

The latest….the washer is DOA. I found the access panel inside the closet which allowed me to pull out the power cord to the washer and plug it into another outlet. The washer would not power on.

armullis59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power