Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-13-2022, 05:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Coleman Mach 8/HP / w condensate pump

I am currently waiting for a replacement AC which was ordered December of 2021. The dealer tells me that it may not be until next fall of 2023 before it is shipped. I find this to be outrageous.
The question I have is, Do I have to replace it with an identical unit? Airxcel has the Mach 8 low profile with heat pump in stock, but if you want the condensate pump, it’s going to be a long wait. Is there really that much of a difference without the pump, and would it work as a replacement?
I’m about ready to switch out both with a different manufacturer that doesn’t keep you waiting a year or two for a replacement.

Thank You, Bill
bjk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

MH's and trailers have been equipped with air conditioners that drain onto the roof for decades. I don't see why you cannot change brands.
If the drain runoff presents a problem there are products to re-direct the runoff as desired.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you so much! Now that the MH is put away for the northeast winter, I will definitely be changing it out in the spring.

Bill
Old 11-28-2022, 07:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

bjk66, I found a Mach 8 without the condensate pump, purchased one on Amazon, easy install.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 02:21 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Any possibility to retrofit the existing pump to the new unit?? They're fairly durable (long-lasting)...
Old 11-28-2022, 04:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you so much Grant and Steve! I may go with the mach 8 without the pump, but I now have several months to decide, since the rig is under cover and winterized.
On a lighter note, I kinda got used to running my portable AC all summer with it vented out the drivers window! 😂 It actually provided cooler air than the Coleman, but I know I can’t leave the hole in the roof forever. The dealer had taken the unit off the roof before they realized they ordered the wrong one, and the unit I needed was on backorder.

Bill