Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2022, 11:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sharp Microwave Light button

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage.
Original Sharp Microwave has a LIGHT button on the front next to the 2 stage FAN button. The LIGHT button does not work.
I have replaced the door latch button before, but don't know how to get to the button switch for the LIGHT to see if it can be replaced.
Lots of these Microwaves still out there. Any ideas?
Indy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 03:37 PM   #2
Site Team

The light isn't a stove light that's burnt out is it? If the microwave is above the stove that's what I would think it is. That's what the light button on my microwave does - it turns on the hood light above the stove.

If that's it, then you might not need to replace the switch but just the bulb????
Old 11-22-2022, 01:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

It is the light in the fan hood.
It works.
The button has become almost frozen in place.
If I mess with it by pushing and tapping on it, the light might flash on, but only for a second.
I was wondering if anyone else has replaced that light button.
Indy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 01:52 PM   #4
Site Team

I'd try some spray Contact Cleaner. It's an alcohol based cleaner that desolves grease and then evaporates. Many times it contains a little bit of lubricant, too.

It usually comes with a spray tube, like WD-40 does, so you could direct it directly into the tiny space between the switch and it's casing. So, you might not even need to get behind the switch to spray it into the switch.

It's certainly worth a try and you can find it at any Home Depot or electronics supply/parts store.

And of course, on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05103-Ele.../dp/B000BXOGNI
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 2.52.23 PM.png
Views:	25
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	184678  
Old 11-22-2022, 05:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
The light isn't a stove light that's burnt out is it? If the microwave is above the stove that's what I would think it is. That's what the light button on my microwave does - it turns on the hood light above the stove.

If that's it, then you might not need to replace the switch but just the bulb????
Yup, I have the same oven, and that's how it works. It has 2 threaded bulbs, I replaced mine with LED bulbs to reduce heat from the bulbs.

INDY BOB; I once found online instructions for removing the keypad assy. but lost it during a HDD crash. I seem to remember the oven must be removed from the wall, but not sure. I've had mine off the wall 2X, when I was younger and stronger to replace the exhaust fan module.
Search by make/model.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 08:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The wife replaced the turntable motor in ours last week. Three screws on the front bottom of the microwave swings the whole thing open for the world.
I would suggest taking those three screws out and having a look-a-bout.

dick

Tags
light