Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Air leak at a suction tube connection? That's what did it for us.
orangeminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:05 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by astringer32 View Post
This is for a 2018 Era.

Water pump continues running lightly when no faucet is on and when faucets are on, the pump speeds up but water sputters and pressure is very low. When on city water, the flow and pressure is great.

I've done most of the basic things I've read about on here. The water tank is full. The fill valve is on normal. I rinsed pump filter with hot water. The winterization valve is on normal. There is no water build up or visible leaks anywhere in piping.

The water pressure worked fine until I mistakenly left the water pump on a day or two with no water in the tank.

Any ideas at what the issue may be? Did I break the water pump by leaving it on? Would I visibly see water standing or dripping if there was an issue with hole/crack in tubing?

Thanks so much!

Those are diaphragm pumps designed to be run dry and self priming so something is going on there with the piping. Simple test is to disconnect the output hose from the pump and turn it on. If it starts pumping water then the problem is a blockage or closed/stuck valve after the pump and if it does not pump then you need to go the hose in the bucket of water to see if the pump is drawing water and if so then test the inlet hose between the pump and the water tank. A wet vac or an air compressor set at no more than 5 psi will be useful for testing this as long as there is no back flow protection valve between the pump and the water tank. You should be able to draw water with the shop vac or hear bubbles blowing in the tank with the compressor if the line is clear. If there was dirt floating in the tank running it dry could have sucked it into the hose plugging the hose and potentially collapsing it too in which case you would have to blow out the blockage and may have to open up the collapsed section of hose or potentially need to replace it.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

2016 View. I had same symptom when tank fill valve was in the wrong position. Sometimes, the instruction icon can be confusing. I'd try it the other way 1st. Good luck.
CDAVEGO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump