Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Our HWH Joystick-Controlled 200 Series Jacks were working fine for the first six weeks of our winter trip to Florida, we moved around to eight different sites using the jacks, and suddenly they just stopped working. I would get, what I would call a "contact sound" in the front of the Motorhome when the joystick was moved and nothing else, the jacks would not move. The jacks would not work for the next week or so and all of a sudden they started to work again. For the next three weeks they worked fine for the next six or seven times we leveled the motorhome. Came home the end of March, winterized the motorhome and put it into storage.

June 5, 2006 took it out of storage and the jacks are not working again. I get, what I would call a "contact sound" in the front of the Motorhome when the joystick was moved and nothing else, the jacks do not move.

June 7, 2006 1:00pm
Moved the motorhome a few feet forward and the jacks started to work for about one second and quit working, still the same "contact sound" in the front of the Motorhome.

June 7, 2006 2:00pm
One hour later tried to deploy the jacks and nothing, just the "contact sound". Moved the motorhome back a few feet and now the jacks are working!

If I take it in for service I will never know if they are fixed or they just started to work on their own. Any ideas? Sent HWH email have not received a reply yet.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Our HWH Joystick-Controlled 200 Series Jacks were working fine for the first six weeks of our winter trip to Florida, we moved around to eight different sites using the jacks, and suddenly they just stopped working. I would get, what I would call a "contact sound" in the front of the Motorhome when the joystick was moved and nothing else, the jacks would not move. The jacks would not work for the next week or so and all of a sudden they started to work again. For the next three weeks they worked fine for the next six or seven times we leveled the motorhome. Came home the end of March, winterized the motorhome and put it into storage.

June 5, 2006 took it out of storage and the jacks are not working again. I get, what I would call a "contact sound" in the front of the Motorhome when the joystick was moved and nothing else, the jacks do not move.

June 7, 2006 1:00pm
Moved the motorhome a few feet forward and the jacks started to work for about one second and quit working, still the same "contact sound" in the front of the Motorhome.

June 7, 2006 2:00pm
One hour later tried to deploy the jacks and nothing, just the "contact sound". Moved the motorhome back a few feet and now the jacks are working!

If I take it in for service I will never know if they are fixed or they just started to work on their own. Any ideas? Sent HWH email have not received a reply yet.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

HWH is really good about getting back to you,maybe they will have an answer if one of our other folks doesn't...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #4

Friend of mine just had a similar problem. The shuttle valve (the valve that moves back and forth, depending on which way the oil is going) was sticking. After a new valve was installed everything worked fine again.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Possibly the pump relay. You can short out the relay with a heavy piece of metal as a test.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have HWH 200 series jacks which use the joysick controler. I checked every fuse within an inch of it's life. I found 2 things, and now they work fine. First, there was debris/trash inside and under the joystick, which apparently would not allow the stick to make contact when I moved it to activate the jacks. Second I found the connection in the same place as the debris/trash was not making good contact. I cleaned the connection and now everything is fine.
dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to all for your suggestions.
up date:

June 8, 2006 9:15am
Frank from HWH just called, since the jacks are working at this time it is difficult to troubleshoot. Frank suggested I get a 12v test light and call him when the jacks are not working and he will walk me through it.
Bob