Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-09-2023, 01:46 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I've finally finished the repair and test flushed the toilet 4-5 times with no leaks. Removing the bed plywood ended up being a waste of time and effort. The flexible drain line was buried under other drain and water lines and wiring harnesses. I ended up having to manhandle the drain line in the limited space under the vanity shelf floor. I added a 1 & 1/2 inch extension out of the 90 degree elbow as shown in a previous post. There is no way that the flex line just vibrated loose. It had to have shrunken and stressed the joint, which was probably assembled using the wrong glue/solvent.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:41 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

YUP! Figuring out the solution is often hard enough without getting into the reason we need to repair it!
I watch a lot of the airline disaster shows and it gives me chills when I see the same work done on the plains we fly on!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 07:43 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the update and I appreciate the heads up. I did pull my magazine rack and was able fish my Depstech endoscope in to get a good look at mine and everything is intact.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:39 AM   #24
Site Team

Just chiming in with nothing to add… but I have a 37F and know all these fixtures well. I had no idea the rear bath Tecma toilet piping ran all that way around the outside wall. In my head I figured it ran under the floor in a diagonal directly to the black tank in the shortest route possible.

That seems a very long run and the rig isn’t always perfectly level.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:53 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Just chiming in with nothing to add… but I have a 37F and know all these fixtures well. I had no idea the rear bath Tecma toilet piping ran all that way around the outside wall. In my head I figured it ran under the floor in a diagonal directly to the black tank in the shortest route possible.

That seems a very long run and the rig isn’t always perfectly level.
And that is where things can get tricky when we compare one RV to the next??
At some point or for some reason, your RV and his are NOT the same!
His has the flexible pipe, while your RV has the more traditional solid ABS pipe at all points that I looked!

Possible the age difference made them feel the flexible was not working out?

I have no ideas why they change things but I do find that every RV is prone to being a slightly different one than the one it sets next to on the lot!

From the interactive parts catalog here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Click these snips to get a better view!
[ATTACH]
Click image for larger version

Name:	drain2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	186292[/ATTACH]

One little giggle while looking at your plumbing?
The type pipe might be better but if we wanted to call the drawings totally accurate, you might want to check that connection under the vanity???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drain.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	186291  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 09:53 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Charlie View Post
I couldn't get the problem out of my head, so I went out and removed the vanity floor. I could get a better grip on the drain line but still could not move it enough to mate with the 90 degree elbow. A short extension may be necessary after all. The tubing appears to be the same as the flexible PVC tubing used on hot tubs.
Another prime example of doing it completely wrong. ABS to PVC requires a flex joint with a gasket not a straight in connection! Using either ABS solvent cement or PVC cement is just plain wrong and a very common mistake. The only sensible solution is to fix it right with a banded coupling made for the purposes of attaching ABS to PVC. Which most likely means cutting the PVC shorter and attaching a short piece of corresponding ABS cemented into the ABS 90 correctly instead of just ramming a straight length of PVC into and ABS fitting which looks like it was done in the factory by some monkey on the assembly line who took a short cut that was bound to cause a problem in a few years.
Plumbing inspectors see this fudge all the time as do home inspectors. It is a shame to see it come out of a factory.
reeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, leak, itasca, suncruiser