During my last tank dump I seem to have developed a leak within the bathroom of my 2016 Minnie Winnie 25B. I was hooked up to the spicket and flowing water to the San-T-Flush fitting. Fresh water was leaking outside as to look like their was an external leak, but I also had water leaking in the bathroom. I am trying to troubleshoot this without having to perform a leak test again. Looking to hear people's experiences and what was fixed to correct their problems. I don't plan to do this right away as we have a few more trips planned this year before storing. I guess my questions are:
1. Possibility of too much pressure?
2. Cracked PEX lines or fittings?
3. Clogged sprayer causing back-pressure to induce the leak?
4. Anything I am missing?
5. Is there a link to find a diagram of the San-T-Flush system installed in my RV?
There should be a backflow preventer followed by vacuum breaker before the San-T-Flush. Leaks develop in backflow preventer and the vacuum breaker since they are made out of plastic and they do not get winterized properly.
BTW, 1,2,and 3 are all a big no. 5 - should be on the Winnebago website.
Roger & Mary
2017 Winnebago Navion 24V
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH (Sold)
Thanks luvlabs. I got the plumbing diagram off the Winnebago website, but didn't see anything specific to San-T-Flush. I'll check again using the terms you provided. I found it...well, you have to be in the correct diagram. Now to figure out how to get access to it. Might be a joined effort with changing the shower surround.
I figured out how to gain access to the vacuum-breaker. I first thought the everything was held together with plastic rivets, but turns out it uses screws with a washer that accepts push-on plastic covers. Turns out there is a crack on the check valve. Probably going to change the fitting to metal instead of replacing with plastic.
I have a new '19 25j which had a leak coming down below the shower as I didn't winterize quick enough. Luckily I found the problem up at the shower controls as the plastic elbow to the shower wand cracked. That plastic panel came off easily with screws and I replaced most of the elbows back there with brass and pex. New silicon around the panel and it's good to go.
I replaced the plastic check valve this weekend...they are a bit pricey at $33. I went ahead and modified to brass fittings and shark bite pex fittings for easier removal and installation next time. Searching for a brass check valve to finish the upgrade and get rid of the plastic. No leaks, so that is good...until next time.