Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2018, 06:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

San-T-Flush Pre-Tank Leak

During my last tank dump I seem to have developed a leak within the bathroom of my 2016 Minnie Winnie 25B. I was hooked up to the spicket and flowing water to the San-T-Flush fitting. Fresh water was leaking outside as to look like their was an external leak, but I also had water leaking in the bathroom. I am trying to troubleshoot this without having to perform a leak test again. Looking to hear people's experiences and what was fixed to correct their problems. I don't plan to do this right away as we have a few more trips planned this year before storing. I guess my questions are:

1. Possibility of too much pressure?
2. Cracked PEX lines or fittings?
3. Clogged sprayer causing back-pressure to induce the leak?
4. Anything I am missing?
5. Is there a link to find a diagram of the San-T-Flush system installed in my RV?

Thanks for y'alls insight.
Mike
valsamik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:02 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

There should be a backflow preventer followed by vacuum breaker before the San-T-Flush. Leaks develop in backflow preventer and the vacuum breaker since they are made out of plastic and they do not get winterized properly.

BTW, 1,2,and 3 are all a big no. 5 - should be on the Winnebago website.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks luvlabs. I got the plumbing diagram off the Winnebago website, but didn't see anything specific to San-T-Flush. I'll check again using the terms you provided. I found it...well, you have to be in the correct diagram. Now to figure out how to get access to it. Might be a joined effort with changing the shower surround.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I figured out how to gain access to the vacuum-breaker. I first thought the everything was held together with plastic rivets, but turns out it uses screws with a washer that accepts push-on plastic covers. Turns out there is a crack on the check valve. Probably going to change the fitting to metal instead of replacing with plastic.
Attached Files
Old 10-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a new '19 25j which had a leak coming down below the shower as I didn't winterize quick enough. Luckily I found the problem up at the shower controls as the plastic elbow to the shower wand cracked. That plastic panel came off easily with screws and I replaced most of the elbows back there with brass and pex. New silicon around the panel and it's good to go.
fstclyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:15 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I replaced the plastic check valve this weekend...they are a bit pricey at $33. I went ahead and modified to brass fittings and shark bite pex fittings for easier removal and installation next time. Searching for a brass check valve to finish the upgrade and get rid of the plastic. No leaks, so that is good...until next time.

Tags
leak, tank