Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-04-2022, 07:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No Water to bathroom sink

I recently purchased a 2015 Winnebago Vista 30T. All water running as it should except the bathroom sink.
Can anyone tell me if there is a shut of valve somewhere for the bathroom sink? I get no water from hot or cold water faucets.
Thank you.
tantonaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2015 Vista 30T also. When I get home, I will check mine to see. Only had ours a couple months so I am not sure.

Are you on city water or pumping from your onboard tank?
lwfox002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 01:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Unlike a house, it's easy to shut off your pump or turn off your city water for service so there are no under sink shut-offs. There are two good sources where you can research this, Winnebago's plumbing diagrams and Winnebago's 3-D parts manual.

The plumbing diagrams, like most blueprints or engineering diagrams are somewhat hard to follow but the 3-D parts catalog is easier and has rotatable 3-D diagrams so you can physically locate parts. Note that, there are two sets of these for the 2015 Vista, both based on the serial number of your MH. Nonetheless, I took a look at the parts catalog for both the lower and higher serial numbers and couldn't find any such valves. These parts manuals are complete and, if there were valves, they would, indeed, be listed.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

This leaves the question of what's wrong. The 3-D parts diagram works very well in terms of locating parts, following plumbing tubing, wiring, etc.

1. After you open the parts catalog specific to your MH's SN, select Plumbing in the index box.

2. Then select Water System

3. Now, locate the lavatory faucet in the 3-D diagram and double click on it. The diagram should zoom in on the faucet. Alternatively, you can locate the faucet in the parts listing and double click on it (#50 in low SN diagram, #82 in high SN diagram). Once you have it, you can put your cursor on the diagram and manipulate the 3-D drawing.

4. As you do so, it becomes clear that both the hot and cold lines feeding the faucet T into the main hot and cold lines feeding your shower, etc. There are no valves. Since everything else works, the problem has to be in your faucet. It's the only place the hot and cold lines come together. There are two other, unlikely possibilities: Both lines could independently clogged, which is highly unlikely. They both could be disconnected, in which case you'd see a lot of leakage.

5. The first thing I'd check is your faucet's aerator. Hopefully this simply unscrews just like your faucet at home. If that's OK, then something must wrong with the faucet itself. If the problem was with your single lever kitchen faucet it could be the replaceable "cartridge" that mixes the hot and cold water but the two handle lavatory faucet has no replaceable parts. If the aerator isn't replaceable, you'll probably need to replace the faucet, in which case, get a residential faucet from Home Depot or Lowes. It's likely to be higher quality and more repairable.

By the way. Here's the link to Winnebago's Owners Resources page which has the links to many useful items:

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-resources

Let us know what you find out.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Bob,
Thank you for all the info. I will be researching this when I get home from work today. I will keep you posted on how I make out.
Thanks again.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Bob,
It was in fact a clogged aerator.
It's amazing how something so simple becomes such a major stresser.
Thank you again.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I was hoping that was it since replacing the faucet can be a pain depending on accessibility.

And, don't forget the 3-D parts catalog and the other resources. The one for my 2002 just has drawings. We're fortunate that Winnebago provides these resources. In general, other brands don't provide them.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I had a very similar problem and worked on everything I could think of even changing my pump. As it turned out the screen on the end of the facet was plugged do to hard water! All I had to do was unscrew the filter from the end and clean it. Hard water will get you every time.
rreynolds51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:03 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

It doesn't take a very large grain of a mineral deposit to block that aerator. if a piece half the size of a grain of sand hits dead center, boom...no water! Glad it was something simple!
MadMaxWinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 03:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all who helped, Changed out the faucet and all is working great again.
mthawsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water