Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-22-2021, 11:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

1993 Brave Leaks!!

Looks like I have two major leaks on this RV. The first and worst is that there's a lot of water leaking at the gray/black wastewater outlet. It looks like it's seeping pretty bad at the join between two pipes, and also possibly the valves (both, I suspect, but can't be sure). The second leak is from the fresh water tank. Looks like where the strap sits under the tank, a screw was driven in, and it's leaking from around the screw.

I attempted to search the forum before asking, so I apologize in advance if I've asked a question that's been answered before. Is this something that can be repaired? Or do I need to replace the tank and outlet/valve setup? Do I need to replace the 54gal tank with an identical tank, or can I get a different sized one? This one is metal. Can I replace with plastic? I feel like I'm in trouble here.
1993Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Yes, you are in trouble but then that was semi-expected, right? The challenge is to get out of it with the least damage!
So clue us in on exactly which 93 Brave you have so we can get a closer look at where the pipes and tanks fit.

For the leaks at the valves, can you tell us exactly where they seem to leak? Are they of the type which is fully solvent welded into things or do they fit in the flexible "collars" which might be tightened? Some have bolts which can work loose and let them leak, so a look at those---if it is that type? A picture of the valves and where they are leaking would be super!

For the tank, is it is just screw hole and IF it is in the right place, a metal tank might work very well with a screw in the hole and sealed well? Probably not in a place where we could expect to sweat solder a bit of solder to fill the hole?
I view changing the tank as a deal breaker in lots of cases as it takes so much that I've never gone that way for just a leak.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leaks.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	177979  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We were able to sort out the black tank drain issue. Looks like I need a new gate valve and a new rubber 3" coupling. Just a dirty job.

The bigger issue is the fresh water tank. It's leaking and seeping though the metal shroud. I talked to a local RV repair person who said it would be $4-6K to replace the water tank. Mostly that was in labor. I'm willing to try to DIY it, but I'm not sure how or where to start. I've found the tank online. It looks like I get to it by removing the mattress and everything in the way.
1993Brave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks, brave