Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

What is this hose??? lol

Howdy... would love some help understanding what this hose is. (Hopefully my photo attached correctly).

I have a 2020 Minnie 2701RBS. On the left rear, just fore of the bumper, is a small black flexible drain hose that exits the trailer through a small grommet... and SEEMS to terminate near the center of the rear of the trailer just ahead of the bumper. The finishing/caulking around the end of the hose seems very poorly done, but I'm fairly certain the hose terminates there (near what seems to be a rip in the underfabric) rather than continuing to the other side of the rig.

I have noticed dripping from this hose twice: One when first connecting to city water and once (just now) when turning on the electric hot water tank. I'm concerned by the dripping primarily because I don't know the purpose of this hose. It may very well be working as intended, but I don't know the source of the water. I'm concerned water may be pooling somewhere inside the trailer.

Can anyone advise what this hose is for? Where it collects water from? Etc? It would set my mind at ease to know it is functioning as intended, but I still don't like the fact that water is needing to drain for any reason. Thanks in advance!

Jeff
2020 Minnie 2701RBS
2021 F-350 6.7L
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-03-23 at 2.59.11 PM.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	178012  
Minnie2701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I turned the pic to get what I think is the correct view?
I think what you have is a "split wire loom" but sells under several names. I think I see a split in the side of it? That would be so that it can be split and wires added or taken out at various points along the loom. Purpose is to control the loose wires and/ or give them more protection from rubbing on things like the grommet.
Like this maybe?
https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/bla...kaAou8EALw_wcB

Water should not be involved but there may be places where condensation collects above the plastic and drips out. Or in worst case, there may be a small leak above. If you go along the bottom and push up on it, you may be able to feel a puddle or press it around to make the water run out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hose.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	178014  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Yes, that's part of the wiring harness and NOT a drain line. The black sleeve is to protect the wires inside from critters and to keep them from rubbing where it passes thru the openings. I'd push the white and yellow wires back into the sleeve and put two wraps of black electrical tape or a black cable tie around it to keep the wires inside.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote