Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Just a heads up! Check your hose end fittings! After just 3 years mine are starting to go south!
Three weeks ago I had the lower fittings replaced on the tank lower front side, now the hose ends for the livingroom slide pistons are leaking bad. The front one was leaking into my water compartment! What a mess! Maybe HWH needs to beef up their fittings! Beware! Going for service again tomorrow!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Just a heads up! Check your hose end fittings! After just 3 years mine are starting to go south!
Three weeks ago I had the lower fittings replaced on the tank lower front side, now the hose ends for the livingroom slide pistons are leaking bad. The front one was leaking into my water compartment! What a mess! Maybe HWH needs to beef up their fittings! Beware! Going for service again tomorrow!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I know HWH had a bad batch of hoses a few years ago--not sure of the exact period, but I know they were replacing them. I would call HWH and ask them about it.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I agree, there were some bad hoses and fittings and I believe they were during your year also. I had a bedroom slide hose replaced last year and HWH took care of the cost to replace it. They seem to be standing behind their products and have upgraded their quality. Good luck with your fix.

John
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Well,
We just got back from our day at the La Mesa Service Department, what a real treat!
It appears that the hoses and fittings are bad... It would cost 800.00 for labor plus parts.
After we picked ourselves up off the floor, The service department said ours was not covered under the recall for bad hose's and fittings that HWH had before...??? When the wife regained her wits she called HWH and talked to Service Rep. Very nice lady..after a while we found out they would send the hoses and fittings for our Coach, but would need the Tag numbers off the hoses to see what they would need to send... Now the ONLY way to get tag numbers off the unit we were told is to take it apart and check! 3 hours of labor at 110.00/hour, NOT! So HWH agreed to use the new HWH fittings and Hose the service department has in stock. So now we are left with 7.5 hours of labor at 110/hour! Not acceptable! The wife called back and HWH agreed to pay some of the labor costs... It needs to be done so we scheduled an appointment for 2/12/07 to replace the hoses and fittings. The percentage of labor from HWH is up in the air right now so we really don't know what the final cost to us will be. I feel HWH is trying to make a good faith effort to help, but I also feel hoses and fittings shouldn't go bad in 3 years, But we'll keep trying, talking and keep our fingers crossed.
Thanks for the replies..
Old 01-25-2007, 06:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

When this happened to my coach (02 Brave 34D) I was told that the numbers were on the hoses and I was able to read the numbers on my hoses. I did have to extend the slides. For the living room slide, the hoses were located behind the outside storage compartments. For the bedroom slide the hoses came up through the rear storage compartment.

Again I was able to read the numbers just fine and then I passed those numbers to the HWH rep and they stated yes my hoses were part of the recall which they shipped the hoses for the dealer to install.

Might ask HWH what numbers you are looking for and see if the are accessible.

2002 Brave 34D
JnGOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Thanks
I talked to HWH today and now like you said need to get the kit numbers off the hoses etc. The Tech should have done that!
I also will send pictures of the leaking fittings etc..
The repair facility said they didn't need the kits from HWH they would use HWH hose and fittings they have in stock. But Now I'm trying to work with HWH to help me out with installation costs...
HWH will replace the hoses and fittings and some of the labor under good will. But now I'm working my butt off to see if they will cover it all... Which I think it should be covered especially for a very well maintained a 3 year old coach!
I don't even drive in the rain, never mind salt or snow! LOL

The update: Took pictures for HWH of leaks.. While under the RV I checked the hoses. Peeled back the plastic covers and check all the HWH hoses about 2 feet back from the fittings. They all looked in great condition (like New ) No cracks, dry rot or leaks from the hose's. But the fittings were leaking from the pivot area between the nut drive and the metal fitting on the hose.

HWH recommended we go to another service facility to get the fittings replaced and inspected especially after they looked at the pictures we sent.. They worked with us and the new facility to set up a visit, great people!

My feeling the hose is/was to short to put another fitting on the end...?? so the Tech? NOT just said the hoses needed to be replaced because they were dried out and cracked!

Somthings cracked, but it's not the hoses!