Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2023, 06:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Tail lights, what is the correct order?

I had a repair shop replace my tail lights on my Class C rv. But I believe they may have installed the lights backward. I'm under the assumption that the brake lights should be on the outside. But in the picture, you'll see that the brake lights are in the inside and the backup/reverse lights are on the outside.

Does anyone know if the order matters? Is it OK if the brake lights are on the inside? Should I reverse the lights so the brake lights are on the outside?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brake-light-replacement-backward.png
Views:	30
Size:	848.7 KB
ID:	187035  
1991Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 07:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This picture from the 1991 Warrior Brochure shows the backup lights on the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Warrior.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	187036  

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 03:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Chris! I went ahead and switched them so the brake lights are on the outside, like in the brochure (thanks). I couldn't find any "official" laws regarding the lighting order, but I did watch a youtube video of an RV'er mention his police officer friend say brake lights should be on the outside so other drives can estimate how wide the vehicle is that is stopping. (Hope this helps others).
1991Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights