Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Setting inside bubble levels correct

I need help, what is the best way to set the inside bubble levels correct? I had to replace my old bubble levels and now I am having trouble getting the new ones set to level. I have driving around looking for what looks like a level flat place to work off of, but I can't seem to find anything. Is there another way to set the levels?
rldonnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I'd just put a level on the floor or kitchen countertop and then level the rig as you normally would. If you have levelers use them, if you normally drive up on leveling blocks of some type then do that. Once you have the rig level fore and aft, front to back, then mount your new levels where you think it's most convenient to you. Mine are in the driver's area.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #3

I replaced my bubble level about a month ago. I used the kitchen counter top as a guide. I purchased a bubble level from the local hardware store and leveled the coach with the jacks, using the kitchen counter as my level surface. I then checked the bath counter and bedroom night stand. All three were level so I adjusted my front level to read level at that point. It was a real pain getting the coach level enough for me to set the one up front but, after about 30 min of fiddling with it I was satisfied the coach was as level as I was ever going to get it. After writing all this I just remembered the most critical thing to get level is the refrigerator. The bottom inside the fridge would be a good place to get level from. Get the bottom of the fridge level and set your other bubble level to that.
RinkersRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for the inputs. I will use this later today to set my levels.
rldonnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Also check level to the floor of the freezer.

Ken
Old 09-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

i just use my iphone on the kitchen counter. i verified that it matches the fridge.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Leveling

I use the bed as the ultimate reference. Sleeping head down, or off left to right can make for a miserable night.
jmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote